Goodbye Jesus

The pagan magic circle

midniterider

As a chaos magician I didnt really think I needed magic ritual space such as wiccans or pagans in general might use. But after casting some spells without a circle , it just feels better to use one. It works nice to separate mundane time from magic time. 

It actually took a bit of searching when I was first interested in magic, years ago, to find an example of casting a circle on the internet. Probably because I didnt know what phrase to search for. But since then I have found a few different ways and adapted them to my lazy magic practice. 

Mind you, I have given up on using physical props, I just do it all in my head with visualization. And I'm solitary so I avoid feeling self conscious about what I do in front of others. 

To cast a circle: 

1. Draw the circle on the ground in your mind in front of you or around you. Step inside if need be. The circle can be light, flames, whatever you prefer. Whatever color you want. Then I call forth the guardian spirits to watch over me , the proceeding and to keep negative energy out. I usually just call 4 ladies , starting from the east, then south, then west, then north. 

At this point I am ready to raise power/gather gnosis (aka smoke a doob, have a beer, zone out to some psi trance music) and then stare at my pre-made sigil until my mind fades out. 

It's nice to close out the circle in the reverse order it was created, first dismissing each lady and thanking them as they poof out. Then let the circle burn out and fade....and you're done.

This is super simple though and you may want to add more stuff that feels right for you...be creative. :) 

Have a magical day. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, midniterider said:

1. Draw the circle on the ground in your mind in front of you or around you. Step inside if need be. The circle can be light, flames, whatever you prefer. Whatever color you want. Then I call forth the guardian spirits to watch over me , the proceeding and to keep negative energy out. I usually just call 4 ladies , starting from the east, then south, then west, then north. 

Now it's a party!!!

At this point I am ready to raise power/gather gnosis (aka smoke a doob, have a beer, zone out to some psi trance music) and then stare at my pre-made sigil until my mind fades out. 

Shit's getting wild!!!

It's nice to close out the circle in the reverse order it was created, first dismissing each lady and thanking them as they poof out. Then let the circle burn out and fade....and you're done.

Quick trigger? What happened? 

This is super simple though and you may want to add more stuff that feels right for you...be creative. :) 

Have a magical day. 

Can the circle be a hot tub??? Asking for a friend....

Can the circle be a hot tub? Well of course! You'd be a great pagan, sir. You have that creative spark. :)

• Haha 1

I had a dream last night where my magic returned, a form of healing. In the dream a cat was dying and I gave it what I had received. Later I saw the cat as a puddle and out of the puddle a tiny dog flew out and into my hands. Someone said "Oh, Lucy works again" meaning she could fly again. Dreams... But I'd been pondering how many dreams I used to have of flying, running with the "spirit" flowing in me, seeing the mountain of God and feeling overwhelmed with joy, actively talking with others in my dreams about my spiritual change. A few nights ago I had a dream where I was rebuking a demon, and realized after I woke up that in the dream I'd been in an old rut of thinking and trying to apply Jesus as a fix by repeatedly saying his name as though it were a weapon. I talked to myself after the dream and reminded myself that blustering confident religion is a cult and not a real solution. 

I've done circles in my various homes, often with something burning like palo santo. It helps to remember to be aware of intention, and intruding "energies". Yesterday while driving I felt really irritated and starting to get angry until I realized that I had no reason and that this was intruding on me. I pushed it away and avoided driving aggressively and stayed around the speed limit just to insist on embodying my own energy. 

15 hours ago, Fuego said:

I had a dream last night where my magic returned, a form of healing. In the dream a cat was dying and I gave it what I had received. Later I saw the cat as a puddle and out of the puddle a tiny dog flew out and into my hands. Someone said "Oh, Lucy works again" meaning she could fly again. Dreams... But I'd been pondering how many dreams I used to have of flying, running with the "spirit" flowing in me, seeing the mountain of God and feeling overwhelmed with joy, actively talking with others in my dreams about my spiritual change. A few nights ago I had a dream where I was rebuking a demon, and realized after I woke up that in the dream I'd been in an old rut of thinking and trying to apply Jesus as a fix by repeatedly saying his name as though it were a weapon. I talked to myself after the dream and reminded myself that blustering confident religion is a cult and not a real solution. 

I've done circles in my various homes, often with something burning like palo santo. It helps to remember to be aware of intention, and intruding "energies". Yesterday while driving I felt really irritated and starting to get angry until I realized that I had no reason and that this was intruding on me. I pushed it away and avoided driving aggressively and stayed around the speed limit just to insist on embodying my own energy. 

Gosh I wish I could remember my dreams better. Good for you on pushing away the negative energy. You sound like you are pretty energy aware.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:54 PM, Fuego said:

I had a dream last night where my magic returned, a form of healing.

Returned? 

You had magic at some previous point and then lost it? 

58 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Returned? 

You had magic at some previous point and then lost it?

In my dreams. My dreams for the past few years have been muted and rarely remembered. Past dreams had lots of flying and other things I mentioned. I also used to remember dreams more frequently. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fuego said:

In my dreams. My dreams for the past few years have been muted and rarely remembered. Past dreams had lots of flying and other things I mentioned. I also used to remember dreams more frequently. 

I've done that too. I don't recall any flying dreams recently or anything like that. But I certainly used to have those too. Also breathing underwater. I'd have these dreams about being on the sea floor looking up. And then realizing that I can breathe down there. And just carrying on walking around on the sea floor. But it's been a while. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.