Goodbye Jesus

My journey away from Christianity at a young age

Wertbag

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Thank you for sharing your story.

• Super Moderator

One thing that never made much sense to me in Sunday School as a child was how jesus went to the cross as silently as a lamb.  That's what we were told, anyway, that jesus went as a lamb to slaughter.  But we were also told that running in the hallway made jesus cry.  Not sharing the crayons with the new kid who smelled like ham made jesus cry.  Taking an extra cookie off of the refreshment tray made jesus cry.  Apparently, even crawling under the table and looking up Tina Cochran's skirt made jesus cry (found out the hard way on that one).  It seemed like just about everything made jesus cry... except for the most brutal and torturous death the Roman empire could imagine.  He just kind of accepted that without so much as a whimper.  Weird what we're told as kids and how our brains try to reconcile and make sense of it all.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:51 AM, Wertbag said:

have made this a lifelong study of the human condition. 

I identify with that, and how your sense of logic figured into your decision.  It is interesting how the human condition seems similar the world over, no matter the religious belief, or lack of it.  But it seems some of the more radical religious countries have more war and chaos than secular ones.  I have been impressed by what I have seen from New Zeland.  You seem to have a lot of logically, humanitarian minded people.

Thanks for posting your story.

• Like 1

Thanks for your story - it’s not that common for those who left religious groups while young to remain interested in religion in general.

I am from across the ditch and have been to Auckland and NZ in general a few times, though not recently.  NZ and Australia are quite similar I think.  Pockets of religious belief particularly among recent migrants but non-believers are the biggest majority group and growing fast.   

4 hours ago, Weezer said:

But hey, we are getting away from religious discussion.

Ya think?  

• Admin
23 minutes ago, TABA said:

Ya think?  

FYI: The rabbit trailing discussion originally posted in this thread can now be found in the OPINE club.