Goodbye Jesus

Hello!~

Dearnear

Hello everyone!

I am Dearnear. I thought I would use Dearnear for my nickname. Dearnear means  that many good things seem to be near me.  I love the name of this website, which is "ex-christian". That makes me feel good. I hope everyone on this site have a great day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Super Moderator

Welcome Dearnear.  Our community will be better with you near and dear to us.  Please feel free to share with us as you would like; and, if you have questions or need anything, just let me know.

11 hours ago, Dearnear said:

Hello everyone!

I am Dearnear. I thought I would use Dearnear for my nickname. Dearnear means  that many good things seem to be near me.  I love the name of this website, which is "ex-christian". That makes me feel good. I hope everyone on this site have a great day.

Wow, you're from Korea -- maybe from Seoul? And this is your first posting. Are you working with your cellphone translator or do you speak some English.  So were you a Christian when you were younger. I live in southern California and there's a Korean Christian church just a block from me. Hope you enjoy the holiday season and this website. 

cheers on your very first posting :)

15 hours ago, Dearnear said:

Hello everyone!

I am confused.  The description under your icon says you believe in God, but you are happy to be at ex-christian.  Has something been lost in translation?

On 12/23/2022 at 8:20 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Welcome Dearnear.  Our community will be better with you near and dear to us.  Please feel free to share with us as you would like; and, if you have questions or need anything, just let me know.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will ask you questions if I need some help on this site. 

12 hours ago, pantheory said:

Wow, you're from Korea -- maybe from Seoul? And this is your first posting. Are you working with your cellphone translator or do you speak some English.  So were you a Christian when you were younger. I live in southern California and there's a Korean Christian church just a block from me. Hope you enjoy the holiday season and this website. 

cheers on your very first posting :)

I was born in Seoul but I don't live in Seoul now. Somewhere down a little. Yes, I was a Christian when I was younger. I've been taking a long break from Christianity. I speak some English. I read and write looking up dictionary. Thank you for replying to my very first post! 

9 hours ago, Weezer said:

I am confused.  The description under your icon says you believe in God, but you are happy to be at ex-christian.  Has something been lost in translation?

For about 30 years, I was a Christian on and off. I believe the existence if God. But I don't do anything other than believing the God's existence. Am I not qualified to be a member of this community??

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
9 minutes ago, Dearnear said:

Am I not qualified to be a member of this community??

You most certainly belong here.  We are all ex-christians; but we all have different paths now.  Some of us are atheist, some still believe in a god.  I am an agnostic who practices Buddhist meditation and philosophy.  Your path is your own; but you are welcome here.

당신은 확실히 여기에 속합니다. 우리는 모두 전 기독교인입니다. 하지만 지금 우리 모두는 다른 길을 가고 있습니다. 우리 중 일부는 무신론자이고 일부는 여전히 신을 믿습니다. 나는 불교 명상과 철학을 실천하는 불가지론자입니다. 당신의 길은 당신 자신입니다. 하지만 여기 오신 것을 환영합니다.

• Like 2

The Red Neck Professor, I have a quick question. I cant find the edit button. How can I edit my posts??

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, Dearnear said:

The Red Neck Professor, I have a quick question. I cant find the edit button. How can I edit my posts??

After you make 25 posts, the edit feature will be available to you.  

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You most certainly belong here.  We are all ex-christians; but we all have different paths now.  Some of us are atheist, some still believe in a god.  I am an agnostic who practices Buddhist meditation and philosophy.  Your path is your own; but you are welcome here.

당신은 확실히 여기에 속합니다. 우리는 모두 전 기독교인입니다. 하지만 지금 우리 모두는 다른 길을 가고 있습니다. 우리 중 일부는 무신론자이고 일부는 여전히 신을 믿습니다. 나는 불교 명상과 철학을 실천하는 불가지론자입니다. 당신의 길은 당신 자신입니다. 하지만 여기 오신 것을 환영합니다.

I am glad I belong here. I feel the good feelings about this site. I am excited. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, Dearnear said:

I am glad I belong here. I feel the good feelings about this site. I am excited. 

We are very happy to have you. 

2 hours ago, Dearnear said:

Yes, it is hard posting in a second language. As you know, things do not always translate word for word so some of your intended meaning can be lost or misinterpreted. Have a great New Year, Cheers :)

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Have a great New Year, Cheers :)

You'll need to remember to say that again on 21 January 2023.  That is when the Lunar New Year will begin.  The year of the Cat.

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You'll need to remember to say that again on 21 January 2023.  That is when the Lunar New Year will begin.  The year of the Cat.

My posting is close enough for horse shoes. One gets 2 points for a leaner instead of 3 points for a ringer like your posting. And I do like Cats and other animals.  I don't eat any of them since I am one of them :)    And a Lunar New Year will be better when we have some very permanent colonies there in the coming years.

4 hours ago, Dearnear said:

For about 30 years, I was a Christian on and off. I believe the existence if God. But I don't do anything other than believing the God's existence. Am I not qualified to be a member of this community??

Now I understand.  Yes, you qualify to be a member of this community.  WELCOME!

• Super Moderator

Welcome!

Hello Dearnear.

I wish you health and happiness.

Thank you for joining us.

• 2 weeks later...

howdy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

@Dearnear, do you celebrate Mr. Kitchen going to heaven, in Korea? It's a special holiday in Vietnam and other parts of Asia.  If so, happy Mr. Kitchen Goes To Heaven Day.  If not, I wish you health, happiness, and good fortune anyway.

21 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

@Dearnear, do you celebrate Mr. Kitchen going to heaven, in Korea? It's a special holiday in Vietnam and other parts of Asia.  If so, happy Mr. Kitchen Goes To Heaven Day.  If not, I wish you health, happiness, and good fortune anyway.

I have never heard of Mr. Kitchen and his going to heaven. Was he a chef? Do Vietnamese people use his recipes to make food? Thank you for good wishes. It's so heart warming. 

• Super Moderator
52 minutes ago, Dearnear said:

I have never heard of Mr. Kitchen and his going to heaven. Was he a chef? Do Vietnamese people use his recipes to make food? Thank you for good wishes. It's so heart warming. 

Here's a link that tells his story:

https://saigoneer.com/saigon-culture/9143-the-story-of-ong-tao