Goodbye Jesus

MAYBE THERE IS PREDESTINATION

Weezer

It occured to me today that perhaps there is a form of predestination.  Some children seem to be born more docil and seem to be satisfied with following others.  Some are more curious and aggressive.  So, in that way of looking at it, some may be more prone to be "sheep" and "go with the flow" of what ever religion they are born into.  Some more prone or predestined to questioning and rebellion.  Ha!  My curosity and logical mind have got me into trouble several times in life.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:03 PM, Weezer said:

It occured to me today that perhaps there is a form of predestination.  Some children seem to be born more docil and seem to be satisfied with following others.  Some are more curious and aggressive.  So, in that way of looking at it, some may be more prone to be "sheep" and "go with the flow" of what ever religion they are born into.  Some more prone or predestined to questioning and rebellion.  Ha!  My curosity and logical mind have got me into trouble several times in life.

Yes, we can see differences in children, even if they have the same parents and the same upbringing. Some of this difference could be in their genetic differences. Many identical twins, for instance, raised by the same family also have a very similar behavior, but a small percentage of identical twins are very different from each other. Although their genetics are close to identical, and their family upbringings the same, still there can be a big difference in  their personalities. This sometimes can be attributed to something called epigenetics, where the genes that are turned on or off for one twin, are not the same for the other  twin. So such twins can be very different from each other. But twins that are raised by different parents in different countries, not knowing of each other, can grow up to be very similar in the behavior and thinking to each other. This could be said to be the predestiny of genetics.

But what about Free Will and ones choices and hard work for a different destiny than their genetics and what might be evident? I believe our choices based upon our goals and hard work also determine our future, which might be quite different from our genes and upbringing would suggest. Changes like this do not happen often but they do happen, right? :) 

• Like 1