Goodbye Jesus

Faith Healing

Hierophant

• Super Moderator

Recently on Facebook, I was tempted, and succumbed to my temptation to see what arguments I would hear in the group "Flat Earthers for Christ." There was a user who kept posting anti-evolution memes, and I corrected her time and again that what she was posting was false information. I kind of trolled and said she was being dishonest, and that per 1 Corinthians 6, she should be warned.

Somehow the she wanted to change the topic and she started saying she knows the Bible is true because she can do miracles, that is, she is a faith healer. I find it outlandish, and told her I would pay for her to travel to Saint Jude's, so she can heal cancer patients. She said that was not possible because there are laws against it -- is that true? I haven't heard of that.

Anyhow, she wants me to check out T.L. Olsen's series on how to be a faith healer. I have never heard of this guy, and wondered if anyone else here knows who that is. I couldn't find any critical reviews or really much about Mr. Olsen outside of propaganda.

Faith Healers are charlatans each and all.

There is only one definitive test for faith healing: growing an amputated limb back. (I choose this test because we know that humans never regrow amputated arms, legs, fingers etc - however there are reports of spontaneous cancer remission etc which of course gets claimed as faith healing).

Pick someone you know that has amputated limbs and tell the faith healer to grow them back (A simple prayer should do it - God presumably knows who they are praying for/about) - sit back and enjoy the tirade of excuses that inevitably ensues. 

• Like 2

Engaging with “Flat Earthers for Christ” must leve you feeling pretty depressed about human nature.  I can think of a lot more enjoyable temptations to succumb to!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off of it by now.

• Haha 3

H.  You would probably have better luck talking to a fence post.  Do a google search regarding that law. My guess is that she is grasping for straws.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 10:14 PM, older said:

If the earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off of it by now.

This begs the question, what do flat-earth believers think defines the edge of the Earth?

Where is the edge and what would I see if I traveled there? 🤔

54 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

This begs the question, what do flat-earth believers think defines the edge of the Earth?

Where is the edge and what would I see if I traveled there? 🤔

As I understand it alreadyGone, most Flat Earthers believe that the edge of the Earth is girdled in a wall of ice.

This stops all of the water flowing off the edge and it also stops cats from pushing everything off too.

azimutal-equidistant-gpolar.jpg?ft=59de1

You see how this polar projection map of the world stretches the Antarctic continent all way around the entire edge?

Well, there's your wall of ice that keeps all the water in place.

Oh and that wall also keeps our atmosphere from flowing off the edge too.

😉

Walter.

• Like 1

Thank you Walter.

Imagine then how frightening the concept of "global warming" must be for those beleaguered folk..

Would the oceans just pour off into space and immediately freeze?

Would not the earth's rotational energy cause the oceans to form a deep parabola?

[note to self....  attend the next Flat Earth Society conference for answers]

1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

Thank you Walter.

Imagine then how frightening the concept of "global warming" must be for those beleaguered folk..

Would the oceans just pour off into space and immediately freeze?

Would not the earth's rotational energy cause the oceans to form a deep parabola?

[note to self....  attend the next Flat Earth Society conference for answers]

Yes, indeed alreadyGone.

You'd think that Flat Earther's would be the strongest and loudest advocates for measures to slow and stop global warming, wouldn't you?  And the oceans would freeze after pouring off the edge? 

Crazily enough some Young Earth Creationists believe that comets are made of frozen sea water that was 'squirted' upwards into deep space.  Apparently this happened in Genesis 7, when the springs of the great deep (a vast body of seawater that lies underneath all of the continents in YEC geology) burst open.

11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

A deep parabola?  Well, I suppose that depends if the rotational energy of the Flat Earth were great enough to counteract the waters tendency to flow off the edges.  But don't ask me for an answer.

Find it at that conference!

Walter.

6 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

Oh and that wall also keeps our atmosphere from flowing off the edge too.

Your forgetting about the dome walter. The ice ring around the earth ends at the dome. Thats what keeps the atmosphere in. 

I'm trying to figure out how they explain satellites tho. Are they outside the dome? And if so how did they make it outside? Maybe they sneak them out through existing holes caused by global warming. 

Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

DB

16 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Your forgetting about the dome walter. The ice ring around the earth ends at the dome. Thats what keeps the atmosphere in. 

I'm trying to figure out how they explain satellites tho. Are they outside the dome? And if so how did they make it outside? Maybe they sneak them out through existing holes caused by global warming. 

Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

DB

Sorry DB!  Of course (slaps forehead) there's a dome!

But... you don't actually believe what NASA says about there being satellites in the sky, zipping over our heads, do you?

Come on!  🤔