Goodbye Jesus

Cult leader convinces followers to starve themselves to death

older

From an AP story:

39 bodies dug up in cult investigation of pastor in Kenya

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Thirty-nine bodies have been found so far on land owned by a pastor in coastal Kenya who was arrested for telling his followers to fast to death.
….
The followers said they were starving on the pastor’s instructions in order to meet Jesus.

_______

The whole story is here:

https://apnews.com/article/kenya-cult-deaths-paul-makenzi-2a3dfeea30df8b841391bd5f1ef36783?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_11

• Thanks 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

When Christians say "But the disciples wouldn't have died for a lie!" I like to point them to articles like this.  People will kill themselves for the most flimsily supported claims.  People can be convinced to kill themselves, kill others and all on some guys word.  It's horrific and very telling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.tuko.co.ke/people/503164-paul-mackenzie-10-bodies-controversial-preachers-followers-buried-land/

It seems that parents who were followers of this cult deliberately starved their own children to death.

Which is curious, because if the good reverend Mackenzie Nthenge really were acting on god's behalf, why didn't he know about these bible verses?

Leviticus 18 : 21

You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the Lord.

2 Kings 3 : 27

Then he took his oldest son who was to reign in his place, and offered him as a burnt offering on the wall. And there came great wrath against Israel, and they departed from him and returned to their own land.

2 Chronicles 28 : 3

Moreover, he burned incense in the valley of Ben-Hinnom and burned his sons in fire, according to the abominations of the nations whom the Lord had driven out before the sons of Israel.

Jeremiah 7 : 31

They have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, and it did not come into My mind.

Deuteronomy 12 : 31

You shall not behave thus toward the Lord your God, for every abominable act which the Lord hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.

Psalm 106 : 35 - 38

But they mingled with the nations
And learned their practices,
And served their idols,
Which became a snare to them.
They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons,

Ezekiel 16 : 20 - 21.

“Moreover, you took your sons and daughters whom you had borne to Me and sacrificed them to idols to be devoured. Were your harlotries so small a matter? You slaughtered My children and offered them up to idols by causing them to pass through the fire.

Ah, now I think I've got it.

It's NOT ok for Christians to sacrifice their children to idols, demons and false gods.

But it IS ok for them to sacrifice their children to Jesus.

Yes, that must be it.

🤮

• Like 1

You are absolutely right, Walter. There is a big difference between being tossed into a fire or volcano and being denied food. The former is quick; the latter takes time, so by starving they have more time to think about how much fun it will be to be with Jesus.