Goodbye Jesus

How rich?

Wertbag

I came across a list of the top 5 wealthiest preachers.  I had heard of 3/5 but I've never seen (or wanted to see) any of them live.  According to this list the winners are:

Benny Hinn ~$60m (US) - Famous for his prayer healing shows and for his failed prophecies

Pat Robertson ~$100m (US) - Passed away 8th June 2023 aged 93, but was famous for failing to pray away hurricanes, blaming gays and feminists for September 11 and blaming hurricane deaths on abortion.

TD Jakes ~$140m (US) - Famous for one of the largest churches in America with space for 30,000, and for annual festivals that are attended by over 300,000.

David Oyedepo ~$200m (Nigeria) - The Living Faith Mega Church was in the Guiness book of records as the largest church, with room for 50,000 (although there were reports even larger venues have been built since that award).  Oyedepo has founded two universities and a Christian book publishing company.

If you thought having a private plane was extravagant, then maybe hearing this preacher has 4 private jets will hint at just how wealthy he is.  One gets a bit old then you get a second, one in for repairs then you'd better have a backup, and of course if the family have taken one for a holiday then you'd better have a spare.  All of this in a country ravaged by poverty.

Kenneth Copeland ~$300m - But the richest preacher in the world is the famous Kenneth Copeland.  Unlike Oyedepo, Copeland only has 3 private planes.  Much criticized for his massive personal wealth, personal spending and lavish lifestyle, taking money from poor attendees to fund his lifestyle.

His modest home:

Televangelist Kenneth Copeland -- shown with his wife, Gloria -- is not paying any property tax, despite his own estimated $760 million net worth.

"the pastor’s house spans 18,000 square feet and is made up of six bedrooms and six bathrooms, located on an exclusive lake community outside Fort Worth.  It has a private airfield for his three jets".  To top that off, by claiming the property was owned by the church, he has been living tax free on the gigantic estate.

Jesus said "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.", but who needs to listen to that guy?

• Like 1

"Easier for a camel  to pass through the eye of a needle..."

• Thanks 1

Yeah, the biblical character Jesus stated that man should only strive for "the simple bare necessities of life", which would be in accord with the song by Baloo the bear, in Disney's movie The Jungle Book.