Goodbye Jesus

Like a vicious bird of prey

Anodos

Others may relate to this, or not.

I was once happy, strong, vibrant, full of life and hope. Fearless I walked forwards in life. I had a faith (non-religious) that yielded results. 

Then, along came Christianity. From that moment, my life was ripped apart

Like a vicious bird of prey, it gripped me in it's talons and tore me to pieces. It's sweet sounding song lulled me. Destroyed my life. A state of learned helplessness. Overcome with fear and guilt. A downward spiral. Isn't it the logical conclusion for all who believe they are helpless, powerless, filthy, unworthy beings? 

• Sad 1

Yep.  It is pretty depressing stuff.  Welcome to the site.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Welcome to the road to recovery from all that.

• 4 months later...

It promises much but gives little. Some may benefit distally from social aspects.

But the promises of healing in the various area as of one's life are empty. It is always just around the corner but that corner constantly moves like a carrot on a stick for a pony.

On 6/29/2023 at 7:15 PM, Anodos said:

A state of learned helplessness. Overcome with fear and guilt.

This is how it works. First they convince you that there is something to fear or you have done something wrong. "What will happen to you when you die?" "You are a sinner. You must repent or you will go to Hell." Mark Twain once wrote, "The fear of death follows from the fear of life." Fear is perhaps the primary human motivator. It is the core strategy of politics. It's Marketing 101. (Your hair is too straight, too curly, too dry, too oily, or the wrong color. And therefore you'll have no friends, no lovers, and your life will suck.)

Then they step forward with the solution: God. (Or Herbal Essences BioRenew Hydrate Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner.)

It's like being afraid of the dark. But when you realize that there is nothing out there that's any different from what's out there during the day, that fear goes away. Twain also wrote, "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

• Like 2