Goodbye Jesus

Happy independence day weekend!! (USA)

DarkBishop

Greetings!!!!

First of all I would like to wish everyone a Happy Independence Day weekend. As an American and no longer Christian this is my most favorite holiday of the year. A great celebration nation wide to remember that event in 1776 when we declared our independence from @walterpthefirst. I mean England. 🤣 I'm just messing with ya Walter 😉

I was thinking about this and I think this holiday should be held in higher regard than Christmas. I hope as the church continues to dwindle one day this may be the case. I always love going out Christmas day and seeing everything shutdown except for essential stores. I would like to see that on July 4th. Everyone getting a day off with pay except for stores that sell alcohol, groceries, and gas. I mean we gotta be able to go for a beer run on the fourth lol 😆 

Anyway, I really do think most people in America should be able to be off work this day. Our forefathers started a country that day that ended up being one of the most powerful countries on earth if not the most powerful. Our desire for freedom inspired countries all over the world to seek their own freedom from kings, queens, and dictators. America and our allies changed the course of history. And I believe that is something to celebrate. Much more important than celebrating the myths of ancient sheep herders from the Middle East. 

Best regards,

Dark Bishop

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator

17b1f23e7821299bba3dc34a1cc190d9.png

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I would like to see that on July 4th. Everyone getting a day off with pay except for stores that sell alcohol, groceries, and gas. I mean we gotta be able to go for a beer run on the fourth lol 😆 

I stocked up on all three already, but I agree with your priorities.  Happy Independence Day weekend to you my friend, and to all who are proud to be American Apostates!

• Like 1

This is probably going to go fly like a lead balloon, but before you make a "god" out of the USA, remember that we sacrificed the native peoples (some of my relatives) in order to achieve this dream.  The British were only taxing us. Not running us off our land, starving and slaughtering us.  Our forefathers were not innocent babes.  They were greedy landgrabbers. If you want to know what happened to some of my relatives who were doing their best to adapt to white man's ways, read the book, TRAIL OF TEARS by John Ehle.

In a way our traditional history books brainwashed us.  Made a "god" out of our nation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Weezer said:

This is probably going to go fly like a lead balloon, but

Indeed.

The 18th and 19th centuries were a time when might made right, worldwide.  It’s easy to denounce our forefathers from this vantage point.  The important thing is that we strive toward a more perfect union.  

Happy Independence Day regardless…

8 minutes ago, TABA said:

important thing is that we strive toward a more perfect union.  

Happy Independence Day regardless…

Yes, we did take a step upward in our moral evolution, with separation of church and state, and democracy (plutocracy) for white land holders.

10 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Yes, we did take a step upward in our moral evolution, with separation of church and state, and democracy (plutocracy) for white land holders.

Hopefully non-whites, non-land-holders  and women will get the vote too, eventually.  

And hopefully we can hold onto separation of church and state.  It looks like the moral evolution is going to take eons to move up another notch. 😁

• Like 1

YES, celebrate the step up in moral evolution, but remember it is a LONG WAY to nirvana!  And there are those who keep trying to push us back down the ladder.

48 minutes ago, Weezer said:

This is probably going to go fly like a lead balloon, but before you make a "god" out of the USA, remember that we sacrificed the native peoples (some of my relatives) in order to achieve this dream.  The British were only taxing us. Not running us off our land, starving and slaughtering us.  Our forefathers were not innocent babes.  They were greedy landgrabbers. If you want to know what happened to some of my relatives who were doing their best to adapt to white man's ways, read the book, TRAIL OF TEARS by John Ehle.

In a way our traditional history books brainwashed us.  Made a "god" out of our nation.

Weezer this may be a little rough but I really love my country. We changed the world for the better for the most part. It has taken time but we can't judge the actions of those in the past. Their are two sides to every story. And time, ideas, beliefs, and morals were all different. Both natives and Americans instigated aggression. It was bound to happen. If it hadn't been us it would have been someone else. 

I'm not going to act like what ended up happening to the natives wasn't bad. It was. It was horrendous. But in the end, for both cultures at times, that is how you took land, by might. And the natives did not win. Just as the isrealites lost to Egypt, Persia, and Rome. A more powerful people came. And immediately started taking land. England had colonized almost the whole eastern sea board. So land had already been taken by those who were taxing us unfairly. What happened to the natives would have happened whether it was The United States of America or the New British empire. The natives were still throwing spears and arrows against cannons and guns. It was a brutal time. They didn't have a frame of mind as we do now. And this type of thing was par for the course. Dont act like some native tribes didn't instigate aggression as well. Not every tribe was peaceful. 

I don't mind if you don't want to celebrate America's independence as it resulted in the loss of your people. 

But I'm going to celebrate my countries independence and be proud of the people that made it great. If we had changed one thing we could all still be under the rule of whatever dictator was in power or be speaking German or russian. The natives could have even less than they do now. Who knows. Like I said. They were gonna be on the losing side either way.

DB

If I were alive during the revolutionary period I might have been a loyalist because I always have liked Scotch and Irish whiskey better than home brewed stuff  :)

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

I don't mind if you don't want to celebrate America's independence as it resulted in the loss of your people. 

I have celebrated the 4th all my life, but primarily because it was having fun with friends. HA!  except in my old age I no longer appreciate the loud noise.  Some of the stuff going off in our neighborhood right now sounds like dynamite and our dog is about to have a heart attact.  And some with PTSD from war zones don't appreciate the noise.

• Haha 1

Just now, Weezer said:

I have celebrated the 4th all my life, but primarily because it was having fun with friends. HA!  except in my old age I no longer appreciate the loud noise.  Some of the stuff going off in our neighborhood right now sounds like dynamite and our dog is about to have a heart attact.  And some with PTSD from war zones don't appreciate the noise.

I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. My favorite thing I do, is to act like we are fighting the red coats all day. When someone in the area sets off a firework I tell my daughter and her friends the British are attacking and we have to drive them back. So we go set off our own firework. I usually use the noise makers during the day and leave the artillery shells and such for after night. Its loads of fun. I don't have to many more years till she'll probably be to old to do that. 

DB

• Super Moderator

For many Americans, today will mark the last time they had 10 fingers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator

They can take my fireworks when they pry them from my cold, dead hand... which is lying over there on the sidewalk next to the fence.

• Haha 2

On 7/2/2023 at 11:31 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

17b1f23e7821299bba3dc34a1cc190d9.png

A bunch of misfits!  Rebels!  We will make them sorry they ever left here.  Tax the heck out of them!

• Like 1