Goodbye Jesus

God

timothy1027

In over 4,423 years of religious scriptures (since 2,400 BCE), nobody has ever provided any proof or even evidence that Gods exists or not. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to claim any of God's attributes (e.g., creator of the Universe, all-good, all-powerful, all-knowing, wise, perfect, jealous, loving)  or what God wants, thinks, did, said, etc. etc. etc. God has chosen to remain anonymous & mysterious over the millennia. Atheism seems to be illogical to me. Agnostic is much more "politically correct."  I don't make the rules, I just play the game (live a productive life). 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timothy1027 said:

In over 4,423 years of religious scriptures (since 2,400 BCE), nobody has ever provided any proof or even evidence that Gods exists or not. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to claim any of God's attributes (e.g., creator of the Universe, all-good, all-powerful, all-knowing, wise, perfect, jealous, loving)  or what God wants, thinks, did, said, etc. etc. etc. God has chosen to remain anonymous & mysterious over the millennia. Atheism seems to be illogical to me. Agnostic is much more "politically correct."  I don't make the rules, I just play the game (live a productive life). 🙂

Howdy Timothy,

Welcome to our forum. Since there is no evidence for the existence of a god, and since such ideas of God (gods) seem illogical to me in light of today's science knowledge, I strongly believe that the belief in a god of any kind is foolish and naive IMO, therefore I'm an atheist.

Cheers Timothy

• Super Moderator

I count myself more of an apatheist, really.  I don't really care one way or t'other about the existence of a god.  It wouldn't really affect my life in any meaningful way. 

Religion, on the other hand, and specifically religious people attempting to take over society in the name of their interpretation of god, can and does impact my life.  In that regard, I am anti-religion; but not anti-theist.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I count myself more of an apatheist, really.  I don't really care one way or t'other about the existence of a god.  It wouldn't really affect my life in any meaningful way. 

Religion, on the other hand, and specifically religious people attempting to take over society in the name of their interpretation of god, can and does impact my life.  In that regard, I am anti-religion; but not anti-theist.

I like this post.

• Super Moderator
38 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

I like this post.

I like this liking of this post.

• Haha 1

I like it that you like it when I like things i like.

• Haha 1

Christ, get a room. :sex:

• Haha 2