Goodbye Jesus

Godisimaginary.com Web Site

Fishapod

Yesterday in DailyKos there was a diary entry about this Web site:

GodIsImaginary.com

I have three questions:

1) Has anyone ever tried to use this site when talking to Christians?

2) Did it work? Did it have any effect?

3) Are there any proofs that seem to be missing? Currently there are 34 and they seem to be pretty comprehensive, but maybe you know of an important one that is missing?

Thanks.

No I've never seen it, but It's a wonderful reference of what I looked over, thanks for the link.

Haven't had the chance. But I will use it next time I do talk to a Christian about faith.

The site compiles the arguments in a very nice and neat way. Not lot of extra stuff around, but just easy to read. And it looks very professional. I like it.

This is an excellent site, brought to us by the same people who brought us "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" (see their side links). I find their arguments unassailable, yet I won't hold my breath waiting for a Xian, or any other religionist to admit that this site makes sense. Religious people, by definition, are CRAZY. Anything that threatens their worldview is exactly that, A THREAT. People run from that which threatens them.

I haven't met a religious person yet who was willing to admit that their faith was as delusional as the next person's. It's both pathetic and scary to witness.

True. The problem for them isn't what is rational or not. The strong faithful believer shy away from arguments and rational thinking. The Bible even tell them to. The only arguments that they can use are emotional, and every illogical and conflicting argument against their theology is unimportant to them. The only believer you can really talk to and have fair discussion with, are the ones that are honest about these things and can see their faith is based on emotions and not reason.

True. The problem for them isn't what is rational or not. The strong faithful believer shy away from arguments and rational thinking. The Bible even tell them to. The only arguments that they can use are emotional, and every illogical and conflicting argument against their theology is unimportant to them. The only believer you can really talk to and have fair discussion with, are the ones that are honest about these things and can see their faith is based on emotions and not reason.

That's because True Believers have an emotional need for

magical ("miraculous") solutions to everything. Waiting on Gawd

to make something magically happen is soooo much easier than

actually trying to solve whatever problem they're dealing with,

or coping with problems for which there are no real answers.