Goodbye Jesus

The universe was a ball of... water? Twice?

walterpthefirst

I came across this video recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txmpHQJ520

It comes from the Young Earth Creationists running this website and the 'documentary' film they have made called, "Is Genesis History?".

Is Genesis History? - The Documentary Film with Del Tackett

Obviously as an atheist and a sceptic I cannot agree with the YEC 'explanation' of how the earth came to be.  It flies in the face of all the evidence and also requires an active denial of that evidence on the part of these Creationists.  But imagine my surprise when, upon watching this video, I discovered that the Hebraist John Boyd stated, with all seriousness, that Genesis 1 : 1 means that when god created the universe, he was creating a ball of water.  (Starting at 1:50 in the video.)

Later on, starting at 8:55 Boyd goes on to explain that Noah's Flood was an un-creation of creation.  The universe was returned to its original state by god - a ball of water.  And on this ball floated the Ark.   Again, he's deadly serious when he states this.

So, I guess we must discard this image of the early universe, showing the fluctuations in the Cosmic Microwave Background radiation...

What is the cosmic microwave background radiation?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

...in favour of this, which accurately shows how things were in Genesis 1 : 1.

image.thumb.png.e86714d30e486f162c2647b20cdd523e.png

And then this, showing god's un-creation before the coming re-creation...

image.thumb.png.b47e03719400891437fb16efcdec631a.png

14 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

I came across this video recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txmpHQJ520

It comes from the Young Earth Creationists running this website and the 'documentary' film they have made called, "Is Genesis History?".

Is Genesis History? - The Documentary Film with Del Tackett

Obviously as an atheist and a sceptic I cannot agree with the YEC 'explanation' of how the earth came to be.  It flies in the face of all the evidence and also requires an active denial of that evidence on the part of these Creationists.  But imagine my surprise when, upon watching this video, I discovered that the Hebraist John Boyd stated, with all seriousness, that Genesis 1 : 1 means that when god created the universe, he was creating a ball of water.  (Starting at 1:50 in the video.)

Later on, starting at 8:55 Boyd goes on to explain that Noah's Flood was an un-creation of creation.  The universe was returned to its original state by god - a ball of water.  And on this ball floated the Ark.   Again, he's deadly serious when he states this.

So, I guess we must discard this image of the early universe, showing the fluctuations in the Cosmic Microwave Background radiation...

Ok wow.... that sounds like an extreme apologetic. I'm going to have to watch these videos. I can't wait till one of these Christians does a fly by boasting that the reason we don't see evidence on earth is because it was the whole universe. Lol. 

DB

• Super Moderator

How could it have been a "ball" of water when the earth is flat and so is the universe?  Check mate, bitches.

• Haha 1

I just watched the YouTube video. As usual he had nothing outside of biblical text to make his points with. He mentions "people" (I'm assuming atheists) say that the serpent in the garden was about their fear of snakes. But that isn't true because "Paul says".

Lol. He just went to a different spot in the bible. 

I'm glad he gave the correct dimensions of Noah's ark though. It boggles my mind that someone can let those dimisions roll off the tongue and not think... "that doesn't really seem that big". Modern cruise ships are bigger. 

Anyway, like I said before. I can't wait till one of these believers swings by our way. 

DB

48 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

How could it have been a "ball" of water when the earth is flat and so is the universe?  Check mate, bitches.

You spotted that too, huh Prof?

Hmmm... looks like Messrs Boyd and Tackett have been infected with the H2N1 Evidence virus, a much more deadly strain than Covid.

The insidious influence of those Satanic scientists has contaminated the otherwise purely scriptural thinking of these upright men.

Without knowing it they are beginning to think of the world in spherical terms.

Yikes!