Goodbye Jesus

Thank You Letter To Ex-Christian.Net

Casualfanboy16

Dear People of Ex-Christian.Net,

Even though I only have been here just a short time, I still feel the need to write something as a token of my appreciation for the experiences I've had with this website and the people on it thus far. I've already expressed it numerous times in my comments, but I feel like this deserves it's own post.

So, to start, I just wanted to express my gratitude for the website as a whole to exist. I'm extremely thankful that there's a place where I and others like myself can come to so that we can have a space to explore alternative viewpoints from the ones we were used to being exposed to and that is something I absolutely need, especially right now. I'm thankful for the many posts I've read thus far. Lots of well-articulated, educated and overall fun reads. Especially the ones where people put my feelings into words that I couldn't quite articulate because god, thank you finally somebody understands!!!!! Anyway, lots of posts here also contained lots of valuable pieces of information, nuggets of wisdom and very great advice that I will continue to search for throughout my time here on this site so that I can apply it to my life.

Secondly, I would like to thank the people of this lovely website for welcoming me with open arms. I feel like I found a place where I can be more open about my views and have like-minded people help me with my full deconversion process. I still have a long way to go, so I'm definitely going to be sticking around. Even after I get further along with my deconversion, I'll still stick around and hopefully help others just the same. That's my goal, at least. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon and there's plenty of people in situations similar to mine and I'm hoping I can help others like me. I'm not as knowledgeable about the Bible as I once was because of all my years avoiding it for reasons expressed in my other posts, but I'm hoping to pick it back up again so I can catch up and fully realize just how much I was taught that was just outright outlandish. I hope through my time on this site that I can finally overcome the fear, guilt and shame that has stuck with me all these years. I have noticed I've gotten better, actually. I'm noticing some improvement already. I think getting support from others here has been a big help.

Lastly, I would like to thank you all again for your support, words of encouragement, advice and just everything in general, like, I love it here. It's just so nice to finally have a place to be able to be more out and proud about my lack of belief (and my sexuality as well, I'm very glad about that too). I feel like I can start forging my own path and start to "soak up all that sweet information juice" like I expressed in one of my earlier posts to here lmao. I've been here nearly every day now since I joined either posting or reading posts, responding to comments, etc. I feel like I'm at home here and I'm looking forward to all the things I have yet to experience on this corner of the internet and hopefully I can be of great value and contribute to helping people of the site in some way once I finally get the drive to finally pick up my old, dusty bible after years of never reading it so I can help people leave the fold even more effectively with more knowledge under my belt. So to finish this off, I would like to say from the bottom of my heart that I greatly, greatly appreciate everyone here and all the responses I've been getting and overall support on my deconversion journey. I will cherish my time here and maybe one day I can help the new people coming in feel just as welcome as I did. Looking forward to the future and all the stuff I'll be learning!! I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely, Your Friendly Neighborhood Heathen,

Casual

• Thanks 5