Goodbye Jesus

It's Always Demons or Spiritual Warfare (Rant)

Casualfanboy16

One thing that always bothers me, among literally everything is the thought process of 'weird thing that's unusual therefore demons or spiritual warfare'. Like, the rapture and hell are already things that freak me out, but they are somewhat diminishing the more I learn about them. Demons, spiritual warfare, and the like, however, always seem to get to me and make me go down the path and spiral into irrational thinking. It's always the superstitious or paranormal stuff that gets to me, among other things. Like man, I just want to enjoy my fucking vacation. If I hear one more story about that I think I might just throw myself into the ocean (I'm joking). I could give specific examples in the comments so I could pick everything apart rationally. I'm just too tired to do it right now. I just want to enjoy my time off, but I feel like my irrational fears are fucking me over. Because if demons and spiritual warfare are real then hell could be real and the rapture and y'know all that shit. I know it's irrational I just can't catch a break. I can't even escape discussion of it on goddamn vacation. It's too much.

Try changing the subject everytime the talk starts.  Say something like, "Hey, look at that boat!"  Cow, Bird, Etc.  And do it consistantly.  

6 hours ago, Weezer said:

Try changing the subject everytime the talk starts.  Say something like, "Hey, look at that boat!"  Cow, Bird, Etc.  And do it consistantly.  

Lmao. I totally should 

• Super Moderator
9 hours ago, Weezer said:

3 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Lmao. I totally should 

You could get really edgy and say, "Hey, look at that demon!"  Often, just being able to make light of a situation devoids it of its seeming power.

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You could get really edgy and say, "Hey, look at that demon!"  Often, just being able to make light of a situation devoids it of its seeming power.

I could tune into my inner edgy middle school humor and say that, but I feel like making light of demons in the presence of my Christian family might start making them think things.

10 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Family: *starts talking about spiritual warfare*

Me: " I SAw GOoDy PRoCTOr hAViNg HOMoSEXuAL InTeRcOUrSE WiTh ThE DeViL!" (The Crucible reference lol)

• Haha 1

Demons sell!

1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

Demons sell!

They really do. I'm still sick of it though. Whenever I hear of spiritual warfare it's hard to take seriously, but also I've been raised in the faith for too long sometimes I start getting overly paranoid.