Goodbye Jesus

'Sup Bitches?

Rhia

It's been forever and a day, but hellooooo Ex-C! I'm still alive and was thinking about old friends on the internet. I figured I'd come by and say hi since I was thinking about ya. I have kids, a divorce, newfound queerness, and a smokin' hot fiancée. I even survived cancer. Life without Christianity is pretty fucking rad, and I hope the rest of you are all doing well, too!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rhia said:

It's been forever and a day, but hellooooo Ex-C! I'm still alive and was thinking about old friends on the internet. I figured I'd come by and say hi since I was thinking about ya. I have kids, a divorce, newfound queerness, and a smokin' hot fiancée. I even survived cancer. Life without Christianity is pretty fucking rad, and I hope the rest of you are all doing well, too!

Hello, Rhia! Very happy to hear your life is going well. Congrats on your many, many milestones and victory over cancer! Really awesome to hear!!

I'm newer here and myself am gay, so that's a thing, I guess. I do go into detail about that in a lot of my posts because it's quite the time being gay in a Conservative Christian environment. Still working on deprogramming years of Christian dogma and guilt and suffering with anxiety and fear, but otherwise I'm normal... mostly lmfao.

7 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Hello, Rhia! Very happy to hear your life is going well. Congrats on your many, many milestones and victory over cancer! Really awesome to hear!!

I'm newer here and myself am gay, so that's a thing, I guess. I do go into detail about that in a lot of my posts because it's quite the time being gay in a Conservative Christian environment. Still working on deprogramming years of Christian dogma and guilt and suffering with anxiety and fear, but otherwise I'm normal... mostly lmfao.

Congrats on leaving! It was really hard when I did, and sometimes I find myself still getting smacked upside the head with shit like purity culture. I deconverted in 2005ish and so it really takes me by surprise when it happens. You've got this. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rhia said:

Welcome Back Rhia!

I see you've been here since 2006. I don't know if you were active when I cam around in 17. But aren't you glad you don't have to give credit for all these positive events in your life to Jesus? A Christian word be praising God for curing the cancer right. But you kicked cancers ass. Not Jesus. 🙂

DB

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rhia said:

Congrats on leaving! It was really hard when I did, and sometimes I find myself still getting smacked upside the head with shit like purity culture. I deconverted in 2005ish and so it really takes me by surprise when it happens. You've got this. 

I keep finding myself wrestling with a lot of shit. Especially guilt and shame revolving around my sexuality. Purity culture and in general Christian teachings on sexuality and marriage really fucked me up. I already struggle with low self-esteem and my anxious, overthinking mind. There's a lot that's been weighing me down these past few years. I'm glad I found this website. I love all the people here dearly and will treasure all the advice given to me. It's been years of fighting with myself and now that I'm fighting back it feels like my mind is an active warzone lmao. I believe I can break free. I already am to some extent, I just feel tangled up in everything. I gotta give myself some credit though. Fighting back against years of guilt, shame and repression isn't easy and it's a struggle; but I know that I don't regret leaving one bit. I'm going through a lot, but I'm going to remain hopeful for the future, even when it's hard.

• Like 2