Goodbye Jesus

A Taste of Divinity (Communion Themed Horror Story)

Casualfanboy16

I made a little horror story based off of church Communion. I took it and made it incredibly, incredibly disturbing. I got inspired to write this because I tapped into my inner edgy middle school past self, which I guess is good for writing horror in some cases. Also, I was watching Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 5 earlier and it's about food (it's the best one in my opinion, but the entire thing is great). Also the Bible is another inspiration. Anyway, this is gonna be extremely graphic, but if you've read the Bible I'm sure you can stomach this lol. Okay, but seriously if blood and guts and stuff makes you squeamish please don't read any further! Enjoy! Let me know how I did and what I could do to improve on my skills!! :)

A congregation of cloaked figures hastily made their way down the dimly lit hallway to the church's dining hall; their footsteps echoing as they reverberated on the stone brick walls. Today marked a special occasion for the church: it was the day of the anually held event known as Communion. A day of laughter, fun, and of course, feasting. Men, women, and children alike eagerly awaited for this day every year, for it was a momentous occasion. One such ritual that many loved the most was the Eucharist. On this wonderful occasion, the members would sit and eat freshly baked bread and drink wine out of their ornate silver chalices. However, this year's Eucharist was like none that they had in the past. Now it was time to get the feast underway.

One of the cloaked figures in the congregation came forward, they were lugging a large burlap sack, which dragged across the floor and left a bloody trail in its path. Whatever was inside it was still alive, as the bag thrashed around and a muffled, agonized moan came from it. The cloaked figure then picked up the sack and dropped it onto the wooden dining table, the thing inside letting out another pained moan and began trying to break free by thrashing around inside the bag, but it was no use. There was no escape.

The cloaked figures all gathered around the dining table. They joined hands in a circle, closed their eyes, and bowed their heads in prayer. All of them began praying in unison:

"Our Father who art in Heaven, please bless this meal today that we have prepared for your glory. That we may finally become one with you. That we may all be united as one under you. That when we cross over to the next life, may our souls will become one with you and we sing your praises forever and ever. May our sinful flesh vessels be purged, and our hearts washed white as snow and our minds transformed. May every tounge from every nation scream your name when you come down from the Heavens to exact divine retribution onto the wickedness of this blackened world. May all nonbelievers be met with your righteous fury as their bodies are tossed into the lake of fire, where they will never escape their relentless torment. May we members of the congregation be spared of your judgment, for tonight's feast has proven to be our best one yet. May this food offering appease you. In your glorious name we pray, Amen".

Once the prayer was concluded, then came the time to feast. All the attendees proceeded to the dining room table and sat down, anxiously awaiting this year's meal. One of the cloaked figures stood up opened the burlap sack, dumping out what was inside onto the table . It was a man. His skin was pale, most of his hair had fallen out, his body was practically skin and bone as if he'd been starved for a while, and he had open wounds all over. On his head was a crown of thorns, which pierced into him and made little flowing streams of blood trickle down his face. His hands and feet had been bound by rope to keep him from getting away, but he still continued to attempt to break free despite the futility of his efforts.

The cloaked figures all gathered around the man and loosened the ropes. They grabbed his arms and legs and held him down to the table. One of them had a sharp knife in hand, and began cutting into the man's flesh. The man began screaming in agony as they cut into him more, exposing his internal organs. The congregation took pieces of his flesh and began to feast on them, chewing on them and savoring the flavor. They hacked off his fingers and toes one by one until there were bloodied stumps where they used to be, gobbling them down as well. At this point, the life began fading from his eyes as he kept losing more and more blood. Eventually, death claimed the man and flies began to gather around his lifeless, mutilated body. The congregation continued to tear into him until bits of his skeleton was exposed. They had eaten so much of his flesh that he was beyond recognizable.

Next, they prepared for the drinking portion of the feast. They got as much blood as they could get from him, and filled their chalices with it. They thanked God for delivering them this meal, and toasted to Him. They drank and drank, the coppery taste of blood filling their mouths. The flavor was delectable. Truly of divine taste. Once they were done, they tossed out his remains to the stray dogs, who lapped up his dried blood and they ate what was left of him. Then congregation soon departed and the Communion came to a close. It is finished.

The end! 

A little over the top for my tastes.  pun intended.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Weezer said:

A little over the top for my tastes.  pun intended.

Haha yeah... I was a bit descriptive, and of course, added that ol' middle  school me edginess and probably a bit too much graphic detail. I get it though. It was a bit over the top. Way over. I probably should dial it down next time I make something like this. Granted, it was short. I'm not gonna fret too much for kinda rushing into the gruesome parts because I didn't intend for it to be long anyway. I got the idea after taking the symbolism of the Eucharist very literally and I was like "this could be fun to write". Also the various things that inspired this lmao.