Goodbye Jesus

Greetings I'm the Faithless Jester!

FaithlessJester

Greetings, I'm the faithless Jester. Was a former Christian and felt like I could relate to Christ. Because he was humble and made sacrifices for the good of others like a Jester. But the more I learned the more lost I felt then being found. I now follow me and I. I still love the fundamentals of Christianity like humility and love but just not feeling the overall faith like I used too. Instead I'll be a humble Jester like I always have been and make my own fate. Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Welcome, Jester.  Glad you found us; and, yes, you're allowed to switch sides.  We can help, just let me know if there's anything you need. 

Thanks @TheRedneckProfessor I just need deconversion help from doctrination.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:50 PM, FaithlessJester said:

Greetings, I'm the faithless Jester. Was a former Christian and felt like I could relate to Christ. Because he was humble and made sacrifices for the good of others like a Jester. But the more I learned the more lost I felt then being found. I now follow me and I. I still love the fundamentals of Christianity like humility and love but just not feeling the overall faith like I used too. Instead I'll be a humble Jester like I always have been and make my own fate. Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself.

Jester, It's a pleasure having you here. Many here have had to endure sorrow and strife during their re-conversion process, but most. like yourself. saw failures-of-logic concerning Christianity before coming here. Newbies soon understand, as you will, that we are a motley crew with the full range of beliefs from Christians, faltering Christians, those attending non-Christian Temples, with a full range of agnostics and atheists. You will see by our postings that as a group we are fairly good folk. Our opinions are different, one from the other, but I think you will find good advice here toward a less conflicting and happier life. I hope so, hope you will be happy here, and looking forward to your further questions, concerns, comments, and postings.

Welcome,  best wishes and Cheers :) 

• Like 1

Ditto to the above.  WELCOME!

Like you, I liked the basic message attributed to Jesus, but after years of study, decided, if he truely existed, was a mortal man.  Also decided the Bible is nothing but a conglomeration of older myths/religions.

On 9/4/2023 at 3:34 AM, FaithlessJester said:

Thanks @TheRedneckProfessor I just need deconversion help from doctrination.

A study of the history of religions did the job for me.