Goodbye Jesus

What things could you talk about in length?

Casualfanboy16

I made this because I want people to talk about what interests them. I just like it when people talk in length about things that interest them even if I don't understand anything about what they're talking about. I'd info dump about Minecraft and my characters I've worked on over the years in huge paragraphs- and I will eventually- but I wanna hear what other people are interested in, passionate about and all that stuff first. Go into as much detail as ya want. And I mean it. I just want people to have a space just to talk about whatever interests them and hopefully this thread can do that! I'd love to hear stuff from everyone!! 😄

Edit: I realized I have made a mistake in making content that deviates from the forum's purpose. If a mod could please take this down, that would be appreciated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit 2: Nevermind!! I got approval from the epic mods!! Thank you!!

I am interested supporting and aiding people who are breaking free from christainity.  And I am interested in knowing if you have started reading the assertiveness books, if you are still seeing your therapist, and if you have given more thought to establishing your independence.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I can talk about linear measurements in length.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I can talk about linear measurements in length.

Aww yeah!! Measurements!!

Also, should this post be taken down? I initially created it because I was like "oh I thought this would be fun". It didn't really cross my mind at first that this would count as deviating from the forum's purpose. I then proceeded to feel guilty after making it for no reason!! 🙃

If it doesn't belong here, you can delete it or move it or whatever. It doesn't matter. I know there's like the clubs and stuff, but Opine club was more opinions, right? Not entirely off-topic discussion? I've seen the Critic's Corner in the Fun and Nonsense club as well, but my kinda thing is to info dump about things I'm passionate about/interested in because it's like I'm pouring my soul out and I desperately need that emotional release. I don't know how exactly to explain it in a way that makes sense, but it's like that. But if it doesn't belong here, feel free to move or delete it. I can always just do it in DMs. I won't do something like this again!!

• Super Moderator

It's fine as long as you don't start preaching.  😆  Honest mistake and all that.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's fine as long as you don't start preaching.  😆  Honest mistake and all that.

I make an entire sermon dedicated to intricacies and lore of my characters + Minecraft also lmao 👀

Okay but seriously, but where exactly should I go for general off-topic discussion? I know there used to be a section for that...I think, but if I can talk in length about whatever here in this thread (or DMs) that's also fine by me. There's also the Opine Club. I mean DB had a thing about college football and stuff in there and that's why I was so confused. I read the club rules, but I was like "what am I supposed to post here, now??" lol. So is the Opine Club the off-topic space I'm looking for? I thought the Opine Club was mostly politics and stuff and then I got so confused getting a notification for college football from there.

Hey @Casualfanboy16, this Forum section is fine for this topic.  There’s going to be some overlap between sections, but the advantage of posting here - in a Forum, as opposed to a Club, is that it will be seen more.  To see content in a Club, like the Opine Club, you have to join the Club.  One of the reasons the Opine Club exists is to keep any heated arguments about off-topic issues from causing public strife and division.  So your topic is just fine here.  

When I get a little more time, I will even try to answer your question and talk about what interests me…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TABA said:

Hey @Casualfanboy16, this Forum section is fine for this topic.  There’s going to be some overlap between sections, but the advantage of posting here - in a Forum, as opposed to a Club, is that it will be seen more.  To see content in a Club, like the Opine Club, you have to join the Club.  One of the reasons the Opine Club exists is to keep any heated arguments about off-topic issues from causing public strife and division.  So your topic is just fine here.  

When I get a little more time, I will even try to answer your question and talk about what interests me…

Alright!! Thank you!! When I get time I'll do the same!! 😁

On 9/12/2023 at 9:33 PM, Weezer said:

I am interested supporting and aiding people who are breaking free from christainity.  And I am interested in knowing if you have started reading the assertiveness books, if you are still seeing your therapist, and if you have given more thought to establishing your independence.

I already answered that in DMs after you put that comment up. I still gotta  get back to you on some of that lol buuut since you're asking... yes, but I'm falling behind a bit; sort of because I've been busy; and kind of because I looked into trade schools and I'm trying to consider all the options but it's all very overwhelming!! :)

A lot of things interest me. As you know already I'm a big fan of minecraft. I'm taking a break from it right now but I will probably start building again soon. I own a realm that I've been expanding for over 2 years. 

Most people here know I'm into guns and gun rights which I could talk about at length. Related to that I've been reloading bullets for about a decade now. 

I'm also into metal detecting. I watch a lot of YouTubers that do it. My uncle got me into it. I ended up buying my own but rarely have the time to go out and get land permission to do it. Best thing I found so far was a pulled Civil war bullet.

I'm also into scuba diving. Got my openwater license about a decade ago as well. Same uncle also got me into it lol. 😆 He has been a big influence on my life. I've always considered him more a brother than an uncle. 

Now I'm thinking about getting into amateur astronomy and buying a decent telescope. 

I have a kiln and was into pottery and clay sculpting a long time ago. I was wanting to do that again but haven't had the funds to run the proper cable to power the kiln out to my garage yet. 

Also History in general Interests me. Along with the Bible. 

DB

• Like 1

Alright kinda got cut short. Got a call at work on a couple of break downs n had to go fix em. 

Expanding on the history and bible comment. I like learning the true history behind the bible. Why authors wrote what they wrote, etc. 

I also like doing what I can to help our newly deconverted here and help in the lions den to debunk Christian apologetics that would seek to drag us back into the dark abyss that is Christianity. 

Of course my family is near and dear to me. So spending time with them is always great. 

And lastly but still probably not all. Bc my ADHD kinda keeps me jumping from one thing to another.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!! 

And season is in for it right now. I love the banter between fans and ofcourse hating on Alabama. My Dawgs have been back to back national champions for two years and we are hoping to 3peat this year. I also root for Notre Dame because of the Irish theme. My heritage is Irish and I generally like all that. Even try to get my Auto parts from O'Reillys if possible. 

Rooting for the two teams usually works out great. Very rarely does Notredame ever play GA. And when they do I consider either way a win for me. But so far the Dawgs have been the more dominant team in those games. Just cuz well. .... . Its the GA Bulldogs. We kick ass. What can I say lmao 🤣 😂 

🎵Who Let The Dawgs Out!!!🎵

DB

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I also root for Notre Dame because of the Irish theme. My heritage is Irish and I generally like all that.

Hey DB, did you get to watch Notre Dame play Navy in Dublin a few weeks ago?  They filled a 50,000 seat stadium in Ireland!  I understand 30,000 ND fans flew over for that.  I wanted to watch but had to work that day. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately no. But I did catch the game with Austin Peay last weekend. 

DB

I'm gonna start with my interest in Minecraft first, then put my characters and all that stuff in a separate comment. I might also post my Minecraft builds in the Creative Works section because it's kind of art, I guess, but just in case, any mods wanna give approval or disapproval on that ahead of time because,  while Minecraft is a sandbox game where you can build whatever, I don't know if it counts as art technically. I'm just being sure!!

Anyway, Minecraft is my latest hyperfixation even though I can't really play it right now with my shoddy, god-awful internet. Being a person who likes to make stuff, Minecraft is one way I like doing that. Minecraft shaped a huge part of my childhood, so the game is really special to me. Lots of good childhood memories surrounding it. Even now, the game still means a lot to me. I love building things. I love seeing other people's builds to draw inspiration from. I love a lot of things about that game. The music, the art, the overall atmosphere. It's really comforting for me. I used to be a mainly Creative mode player, but I eventually switched to Survival mode because I wanted the extra challenges like the ability to get hurt, starve and die, and having to go out and gather materials rather than having everything available to you.

The exploration side of Minecraft is also another thing that keeps me invested in it. I like traveling around and seeing all the different biomes or traveling in between dimensions. I especially like going mining in caves because the dark, uncharted and often dangerous territory and the mysteries of the depths is just something oddly comforting. Even the cave noises in this game are comforting, although if you're a Minecraft player, you'd probably disagree with me lmao. I love the ambience. The soundtrack, too, helps out with that. Something about it is so perfectly crafted to sound almost ethereal and nostalgic.

I could go on and on too about the mods I've installed. I have over 150+ of them, but a lot of my favorite ones (e.g. Chipped, Ferdinand's Flowers, Biomes O' Plenty etc, etc) add to the already great experience that is this game. I never gotten much time with playing around with mods because my crappy internet can barely load up the game, but I enjoy having all these extra building materials and things to do and places to explore. Chipped especially has become a mod I loved because I love all the different block variations and I'm a complete sucker for customization and designing stuff in games, so this is a huge bonus. Also the new animals and stuff I added make exploring and stuff better. The skeleton wolf dog is my favorite!! 

Okay, I'll stop there for now. I'll probably add more later though!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

The exploration side of Minecraft is also another thing that keeps me invested in it.

I love cave exploring in minecraft. When I'm between projects or just don't really feel like working on something above ground. Sometimes I'll make up a few hundred torches and head down into an unexplored cave system, Kill all the mobs, and then when I need materials it's relatively safe just to go down and dig up everything I need. It has come in handy on my recent copper block builds. The pillager Pirate ship I made. And the statue of liberty I'm currently working on. 

Screenshot_20230606-222647_Minecraft.jpgScreenshot_20230606-222813_Minecraft.jpgScreenshot_20230606-222835_Minecraft.jpgScreenshot_20230606-222936_Minecraft.jpg

when I'm just exploring I don't dig anything. So I just went down with a fortune 3 pickaxe and helped myself. Not to mention copper gives pretty good XP went smelted.

DB

• Like 1

What things could you talk about in length?

Off the top I can talk about almost anything is science and math. These were my college majors. But I am familiar with, and have interest in almost any academic subject, or almost any subject of human interest. My specialty and publications have been in field of cosmology, but also specialize in stem-cell research, genetics, meteorology, and health. I am great at parties since I can talk to almost anyone, with in-depth knowledge of almost any subject, and usually can hold up my end of the conversation in medicine, heath, drugs, law, philosophies, history, geography, music, etc. Have little interest in pseudo-sciences such as astrology, mystical things, etc.

As a research scientist I spend most of my time doing internet research so am quite familiar with online and other research. In this way I can talk with knowledge and interest on almost any subject of human interest online.

Outside of academia, I am very knowledgeable about business in general, Real Estate and the stock market, construction, including almost all construction trades, technology, most types of engineering, am pretty good with sports, and athletic history. Have knowledge of many world religions, am fairly good with knowledge of Christianity, but many here have better off-the-top knowledge of Christianity than I do.

Bottom line, I can be quite popular at a party, am pretty good with the ladies IMHO, excepting I have little interest in mind-altering drugs excepting for the academic sides of them :)    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

I love cave exploring in minecraft. When I'm between projects or just don't really feel like working on something above ground. Sometimes I'll make up a few hundred torches and head down into an unexplored cave system, Kill all the mobs, and then when I need materials it's relatively safe just to go down and dig up everything I need. It has come in handy on my recent copper block builds. The pillager Pirate ship I made. And the statue of liberty I'm currently working on. 

Cave exploring is easily my favorite part. Especially with the cave update and all the stuff that brought. The lush caves are my favorite. I usually go down to ransack dungeons and abandoned mineshafts and such for loot, or mine for ores. I can't wait to (hopefully) get back into the game here next month. Some of the mods I got add extra stuff to caves and, as you know, I love exploring, so I'm hyped about that.

I have a few build projects too that I want to do. I'm still trying to make a list of stuff to build. I'm definitely going to build a log cabin mansion, probably in a forest someplace. I'm also considering building a town or city or something. There's a lot I have in mind. I got my years worth of Minecraft build projects cut out for me. There's just something so satisfying working on a build for months and finally finishing it, especially in Survival mode.

Also, nice build btw!! Your Pillager ship is awesome!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Bottom line, I can be quite popular at a party, am pretty good with the ladies IMHO, excepting I have little interest in mind-altering drugs excepting for the academic sides of them :)    

Yoooo that's an impressive amount of things you got there. You are the life of the party!! You got so much knowledge of stuff. I'm a little jealous lmao. Give me your braaain. (I'm not a zombie, I swear).

Okay, jokes aside, I find all of that very interesting. If you wanna go into more detail about any of that stuff, go ahead. That's why I made this thread anyway. I like it when people speak about things they're interested in or passionate or knowledgeable about.

8 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

I'm also into scuba diving. Got my openwater license about a decade ago as well. Same uncle also got me into it lol. 😆 He has been a big influence on my life. I've always considered him more a brother than an uncle. 

What interesting stuff have you seen while Scuba diving? I've kinda wanted to do that as like a bucket list sort of thing. I've heard a few Scuba diving stories. One day I want to Scuba dive, but I always get horrible ear infections after being underwater, so I'm hesitant about going through with that lol. The only reason I'm really interested is because this one lake an hour or so away from us has a whole fricking town under there and I wanna see it!!

3 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Okay, I'll stop there for now. I'll probably add more later though!!

To add more about Minecraft stuff before I transition into the topic of my characters and all that; I really enjoy the experience of just having a randomly-generated huge world to explore. It really appeals to me. I love walking through the arid deserts that are completely barren of all life. I love traversing the tall peaks of snow-capped mountains that reach high into the sky and looking out over the horizon. I love exploring the hellish Nether dimension, just going around and finding Nether fortresses to raid or mining for Nether Quartz. I especially love Minecraft as a whole, really.

Another thing Minecraft provides for me is just something to focus on, wether it be finding materials for my latest build projects or just doing whatever really. I like that there's no real end goal, because even after you slay the Ender Dragon and "beat the game", everything continues on. You can continue building, exploring, doing whatever you want with the things available to you and the only limit is your imagination. I love that. It just provides me with a space to decompress, explore, let my inner creativity flourish. As an artist, it really helps. It's cathartic in the sense that it's relaxing catharsis and not rage-induced catharsis like my rants here have been. So, essentially, Minecraft is my therapy lmfaoooo.

• Like 1

What interesting stuff have you seen while Scuba diving? I've kinda wanted to do that as like a bucket list sort of thing. I've heard a few Scuba diving stories. One day I want to Scuba dive, but I always get horrible ear infections after being underwater, so I'm hesitant about going through with that lol.

Unfortunately, if you have that much trouble with your ears you may not be able to scuba dive. But you can always talk to a diving instructor and see what they say. It is extremely important to be able to equalize your ears as you descend to keep from rupturing an ear drum. So as long as you can equalize the pressure you may be OK. But still may get ear infections. 

Anyway, to answer your question the most interesting thing so far was an underwater cave that was actually the mouth of the spring that fed the lake. You had to disend down an eroded opening 60 ft. To the opening of the cave. This is in Ponce de Leon, FL BTW. At a place called vortex springs. 

Interestingly enough I heard a cave in underwater when I was there last time. About 3 years ago. The cave itself can't be completely mapped. It's a true cave system. But they have mapped a lot of it. I'm not cave certified and I don't think I want to be after this experience. 

Anyway, I was underwater just relaxing. It was very close to dark and I was just hanging around the mouth of the cave waiting for my air to get low enough that I would feel I hadn't wasted any lol. All of a sudden I heard this loud rumbling all around me. For those that don't know. Sound waves travel faster and farther in water. 

It was so loud that it scared the shit out of me. Hell. I didn't know what was going on. But I couldn't just go straight up and out of the water. I would be risking the bends. So I went to the halfway mark, still hearing the rumbling behind me. Waited for a few minutes. Then finished my assent to the surface. 

I was camping there. So the next morning I dove again. The visibility was horrible. And one of the other Scuba divers mentioned that last time there was a cave in inside the cave it kicked up that same milky blue sediment that was obscuring the view underwater. 

At another site more local to me in white,GA there is an old steam propelled excavator underwater you can explore. Along with a school bus, some boats, and other purposefully sunken items at different depths. 

My favorite part is the weightlessness. Its as close to the feeling of antigravity as you can get while still being on earth. 

DB

• Like 2

Yoooo that's an impressive amount of things you got there. You are the life of the party!! You got so much knowledge of stuff. I'm a little jealous lmao. Give me your braaain. (I'm not a zombie, I swear).

Okay, jokes aside, I find all of that very interesting. If you wanna go into more detail about any of that stuff, go ahead. That's why I made this thread anyway. I like it when people speak about things they're interested in or passionate or knowledgeable about.

Just by your postings I can tell you have intellect, no joke.  :)

I guess that generally one of the more interesting subjects that I have written about is "Living in Symbiosis,"  the title of the book. That can have many different interpretations. It generally means living in harmony with other humans, other religions, cultures etc. It can mean harmony with plants, animals, all living things, non-living things, the Earth itself (ecology), etc. I have been writing a book about it for more than 20 years. It is a book of science, psychology, sociology, philosophy, and many other subjects. Every reader can add their own interpretations concerning the objectives and meanings of it. Hopefully I will publish it in many languages. 

The idea of it is that almost every reader of it can gain something from it and have a happier, and hopefully longer life. It has always been somewhat on the back burner for me so I have not published it yet -- but have published other books, the main one being the Pan Theory, which is also presented online without cost. Just type in Pan Theory and you will find out all about it. It is a different theory of modern physics.

• Like 1

Wow there were a lot of typos in my last post. Might be easier to read now. 😆 

57 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Just by your postings I can tell you have intellect, no joke.  :)

Wow, thanks. Most of the time I feel a bit dumb. It's good to know that I have intellect up in here!! Lol.

1 hour ago, pantheory said:

I guess that generally one of the more interesting subjects that I have written about is "Living in Symbiosis,"  the title of the book. That can have many different interpretations. It generally means living in harmony with other humans, other religions, cultures etc. It can mean harmony with plants, animals, all living things, non-living things, the Earth itself (ecology), etc. I have been writing a book about it for more than 20 years. It is a book of science, psychology, sociology, philosophy, and many other subjects. Every reader can add their own interpretations concerning the objectives and meanings of it. Hopefully I will publish it in many languages. 

The idea of it is that almost every reader of it can gain something from it and have a happier, and hopefully longer life. It has always been somewhat on the back burner for me so I have not published it yet

Yoooo that sounds like something I could read!! As someone who would very much like to live a long and happy life, I see this book would be very beneficial for me. I hope that you publish it. When you do, can you link it to me if you remember? I'm interested in the ideas your book is presenting and would like to know where you're gonna go with it. As someone who needs a little more harmony in my life given my already chaotic state of mind making lots of things I'm striving for difficult and the hurdles that brings (especially with establishing independence), a book like that would be of value to someone like me who is not very harmonized with my own head and... the world lol. 

So, in short, I would buy! 👍

1 hour ago, pantheory said:

-- but have published other books, the main one being the Pan Theory, which is also presented online without cost. Just type in Pan Theory and you will find out all about it. It is a different theory of modern physics.

I've heard of Pantheism before, but not Pan Theory, so I'll check that out whenever. Not too knowledgeable on physics, so maybe I should wait a bit yet, but I'll keep this in mind if I ever remember in the first place lmao. I get sidetracked so easily. 🙃

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

Unfortunately, if you have that much trouble with your ears you may not be able to scuba dive. But you can always talk to a diving instructor and see what they say. It is extremely important to be able to equalize your ears as you descend to keep from rupturing an ear drum. So as long as you can equalize the pressure you may be OK. But still may get ear infections. 

Anyway, to answer your question the most interesting thing so far was an underwater cave that was actually the mouth of the spring that fed the lake. You had to disend down an eroded opening 60 ft. To the opening of the cave. This is in Ponce de Leon, FL BTW. At a place called vortex springs. 

Interestingly enough I heard a cave in underwater when I was there last time. About 3 years ago. The cave itself can't be completely mapped. It's a true cave system. But they have mapped a lot of it. I'm not cave certified and I don't think I want to be after this experience. 

Anyway, I was underwater just relaxing. It was very close to dark and I was just hanging around the mouth of the cave waiting for my air to get low enough that I would feel I hadn't wasted any lol. All of a sudden I heard this loud rumbling all around me. For those that don't know. Sound waves travel faster and farther in water. 

It was so loud that it scared the shit out of me. Hell. I didn't know what was going on. But I couldn't just go straight up and out of the water. I would be risking the bends. So I went to the halfway mark, still hearing the rumbling behind me. Waited for a few minutes. Then finished my assent to the surface. 

I was camping there. So the next morning I dove again. The visibility was horrible. And one of the other Scuba divers mentioned that last time there was a cave in inside the cave it kicked up that same milky blue sediment that was obscuring the view underwater. 

At another site more local to me in white,GA there is an old steam propelled excavator underwater you can explore. Along with a school bus, some boats, and other purposefully sunken items at different depths. 

My favorite part is the weightlessness. Its as close to the feeling of antigravity as you can get while still being on earth. 

DB

This all sounds so coooool!! I do love being underwater. I don't know what happened to me with not being able to go underwater without getting an ear infection like all the time, but when I was a kid I never had that problem.

The cave stuff sounds horrifying though. I wouldn't personally go anyway near a cave, much less an underwater one. I don't know what's lurking in those. Although, I did go to Penn's Cave once as part of a class field trip. Not underwater or anything, but it was cool in there. Underwater cave exploring, however, just sounds completely terrifying. If don't understand why anyone would want to go in a cave that wasn't essentially a tourist attraction. Too claustrophobic.

Okay, I might have deviated from the original comment, but gawwwwd I just don't like caves all that much.

• Like 1