Goodbye Jesus

The “hardened” heart

TheApostatePaul

When discussing your lack of faith with a Christian, the phrase “You reject God because you’ve hardened your heart!” is incredibly dismissive and, in my case, totally inaccurate. If you were to ask me if I were willing to change my views about the Christian God, I would say “yes.” Only if there was sufficient evidence that he has revealed himself accurately and honestly in the Bible and the Bible is shown to clearly be true. Or otherwise if he were to make himself obviously know such as popping up in the sky to say “hi” now and again. 
Almost any fundamentalist evangelical, when asked “would you be willing to forsake your beliefs in Jesus if provided sufficient evidence?” they’ll certainly say “no.”  
I’m the one with a hardened hard????? A hardened heart is literally one that isn’t moldable. One that will not change. The absolute hypocrisy and disrespect of such statements from Christians!

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I've always been a big fan of the "you were never a real christian" argument.  As if this person could possibly know what my life was like after a 5 minute conversation. 

• Like 2

I mean, God's the one hardening people's hearts here anyway. Look at Pharaoh. Was it my doing or God's doing? Do we harden our own hearts or is it all God?

I repulsive thing about it is, a lot of Christian’s respond that way because the Bible teaches it. They can’t let themselves question the genuineness of your faith in Christianity because it competes against the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints. “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand” If indeed one was a Christian who fell from faith, then that puts the inerrancy of scripture in question. Therefore, to say that you were never a real Christian has to be the conclusion. 

• Like 2