Goodbye Jesus

A little update on self-acceptance...

Casualfanboy16

I just thought that the time to give a little update was in order. Specifically in regards to how accepting my sexuality has been going. There's other stuff that I'm still working on, but this is just as important to me.

Anyway, I'm definitely doing a lot better than I once was. Since being on this site as of early July of this year, after almost 3 whole months, I'm happy to say there is a significant amount of positive change that has happened between then and the present. Before I joined here, hell even when I joined here, I was dealing with a lot of past religious-instilled guilt, intense self-hatred and a whole slew of other problems that made accepting my sexuality feel almost impossible. It's been quite an interesting few months. Something recently had just kind of shifted, in a good way.

I think a lot of it has to do with the support from the community here at Ex-C. They've all been immensely helpful in my life journey thus far. There's still so much I have to do and get through and unpack, but at least with my sexuality I can finally say that I'm starting to heal. I'm not looking for reasons to "turn straight" anymore. That's good. I'm also just embracing myself more with the fact that, yeah, I have high libido lmfao. Christianity didn't make me feel great about that either.

All those years I spent trying to fix something that was never broken finally feel like they're coming to an end. I've definitely noticed the improvement. I went from crying alone at 3 AM wanting a God that never existed to kill me, to typing up this post right now. It's amazing how much I've improved in the short amount of time I joined here. Still got a long ways to go, but that's fine by me.

I'm very thankful for everyone's continued support, encouragement, and kind words. I'm gonna be on this site for the rest of my life. Gotta study up the scripture and it's history and stuff eventually. Not now, but when I get my life moving forward a bit more. That way, I can help others just as much as everyone here has helped, and are continuing to and will continue to help me. Thank you all for being in my life. You're the best thing to ever happen to me.

Warm Regards,

Casual

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

1.  I'm also just embracing myself more with the fact that, yeah, I have high libido lmfao. 

2.  Thank you all for being in my life. You're the best thing to ever happen to me.

Warm Regards,

Casual

1.  A friend used to say a young mans brain is in his penis.

2.  Aw, shucks!  ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

I'm very thankful for everyone's continued support, encouragement, and kind words. I'm gonna be on this site for the rest of my life. Gotta study up the scripture and it's history and stuff eventually. Not now, but when I get my life moving forward a bit more. That way, I can help others just as much as everyone here has helped, and are continuing to and will continue to help me. Thank you all for being in my life. You're the best thing to ever happen to me.

Warm Regards,

Casual

You have made such great strides since you've been here. I can't wait to see what great things life has to offer for you when you get past the hurdles that face you now. Don't doubt yourself. You can and will overcome. 

DB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Weezer said:

1.  A friend used to say a young mans brain is in his penis.

2.  Aw, shucks!  ☺️

My brain may be in my penis, but I'm still wanting a long-term relationship with someone lmao. I may have high libido from those years of trying to repress myself, but I also want to find a nice guy to date. Not right now, obviously but lol.

Also yes, I owe it all to you guys. I did stuff myself too, but I couldn't have gotten to this point without y'all so thank you.

4 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

You have made such great strides since you've been here. I can't wait to see what great things life has to offer for you when you get past the hurdles that face you now. Don't doubt yourself. You can and will overcome. 

DB

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. You've been such a great dude to talk to and I appreciate our conversations. This website and the people in it as a whole have been helpful, but I really appreciate having someone like you to confide in about things, especially since I can't do that with my irl parents. It helps that you're a parent of LGBT children, so that's a plus. I'm grateful that the universe worked something out so we could cross paths. Same with everyone else. I'm glad we all met and I'm looking forward to the future both irl and here on the forums!!

• Like 2