Goodbye Jesus

Everyone knows I no longer believe

DarkBishop

Greetings,

I had an incident last night where I tried to make a joke on a religious meme my uncle posted. He isn't religious and I know that so felt comfortable saying Fuck God and following it with a joke. My VERY religious Aunt saw it. Said she was gonna wash my  mouth out with soap etc. This spurred me to tell her I don't believe anymore. And argue about it a bit. I just deleted that joke bc.... well.... drama. My Ex wife/Significant other saw what I was saying. Got pissed. Packed her shit. and left. 

I had already been thinking about making a post to let everyone know what has gone on in my life and my faith. I've been slowly coming out the past year or two about my lack of belief. And today I finally made a post to explain it all. I figured there were probably people that have known me for years that didn't understand why I wasn't going to church or preaching anymore. 

I'm glad to finally be completely open about my deconversion. Not to happy about having to tell my daughter her mom left. Don't know yet if she'll be back er not. Guess.... we'll see. 

DB

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Greetings,

I had an incident last night where I tried to make a joke on a religious meme my uncle posted. He isn't religious and I know that so felt comfortable saying Fuck God and following it with a joke. My VERY religious Aunt saw it. Said she was gonna wash my  mouth out with soap etc. This spurred me to tell her I don't believe anymore. And argue about it a bit. I just deleted that joke bc.... well.... drama. My Ex wife/Significant other saw what I was saying. Got pissed. Packed her shit. and left. 

I had already been thinking about making a post to let everyone know what has gone on in my life and my faith. I've been slowly coming out the past year or two about my lack of belief. And today I finally made a post to explain it all. I figured there were probably people that have known me for years that didn't understand why I wasn't going to church or preaching anymore. 

I'm glad to finally be completely open about my deconversion. Not to happy about having to tell my daughter her mom left. Don't know yet if she'll be back er not. Guess.... we'll see. 

DB

Hey, DB. I'm glad you are finally being completely open about your deconversion. That's awesome!! Sorry about all that stuff that happened with your Aunt and your ex. I know this is all very difficult for you and you've been through a lot. If you ever need to vent privately, just know I'm always around. If I'm not online, feel free to drop it in my DMs and I'll respond to it.

-Casual

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I know that isn't exactly what you wanted or how you wanted things to play out; but it's done now and behind you, and that's something, at least.  If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know.

• Like 5