Goodbye Jesus

Religion Seems Like A Big Guessing Game.

willybilly30

point 1: what is god?

i mean we dont know if a god exists or not, god have never showed itself, we dont know what it is, what it looks like, nothing absolutely nothing cause if we did we wouldnt have to guess. heres an example i call maybe god-

maybe gods brahman, maybe gods jesus, maybe gods energy maybe gods the pink unicorn and we think we made it up. (hee adding a joke) so many ideas. if god showed itself and said my names bob and he looked like a man with blond hair we would not have all these ideas. so were stuck with maybe god.

point 2: religion

if god told us all what to follow we wouldnt have so many religions. were stuck with the maybe god theory: maybe god wrote the koran maybe god wrote the bible maybe god lives in our hearts and tells us what to do.

point 3 afterlife

more maybes maybe we reincarnate, maybe we go to heaven or burn in hell, maybe we cease to exist god dont give us an afterlife.

point 4: god wont prove himself

try this pray for god to appear right now pray that your god proves his existance. he doesnt so were stuck with maybe god maybe gods on vacation and didnt hear me, maybe god dont want to be known, maybe god thinks itd be bad to reveal himself.

point 5: laws, ways of worship, code of ethics,

right now ask god to show you what to follow show you the truth. he wont so your stuck with maybe god. maybe god wants us to follow the ten commandments, maybe god wants us to follow the wiccan rede

point 6 mythology

ok we got jesus who can walk on water, we got muhammed flying on a horse and we got shiva with eight arms and any religion you follow has these storys that dont make sense. to support this we go to maybe god maybe these gods do exist you cant see them, maybe their stories from the gods.

point 7: prayer

90 percent of the time do you answer your own prayer i bet u do. to support the idea god helps u we refer to maybe god. maybe god helped the doctor when u was sick, maybe god made the dolphins win the game.

point 8: whose right.

now we know allah, shiva, jesus religions wouldnt fit together. take all the religions of the world and you could not put them together. if god presented some truth to the whole world then it would. if allah, jesus and shiva existed theyd be fighting day and night trying to teach the truth.

what do u think? i know i think its a guessing game and im about tired of playing.

Guest Emerson

You're correct. Religion is just a mind fuck. It just is.

I guess if you want to analyze it, if you want to believe in god then you also have to believe that god can do anything he wants, to be good or bad after all he's the big boy in charge.

I'm tired of playing too, even after I quit the x game (christian game) I'm still plagued with doubts now and then. I suppose I will be for a while to come though its not as bad as it used to be. I'm so tired of analyzing everything to death, of beating the god/religion horse to death, I can never know absolute truth or knowledge if it exists.

I can only go on what makes sense to me. How can anyone claim to know the truth when all religions claim to be the way and the "right one."

Anyone could write a biblical story if they wanted to, maybe some of those dudes who wrote the holy texts were on hallucinogen mushrooms or had schizophrenia and thought they were having religious experiences.

Like you I am so fucking tired of this game. I want to enjoy my life. I hope you enjoy yours as well willy and don't beat yourself up about it.

it just seems like now days god, religions and beliefs are more trouble than their worth analyzing them over and over trying to figure out the truth. i think im going to start focusing on this world and take a break from searching for the truth. if god wants to talk too me it knows were to reach me lol

Guest Emerson

True! You've got the right attitude, I'm right where you are as well. btw, this is so random but I love your kitty avatar. :woohoo:

yea its a cool avatar.

Willy, you wrote that start post yourself? If you did, I just wanted to say that you have improved your writing skills. And very good points you made too. I think we can make a good atheist of you yet... :grin:

thanks.

i want to try living like an athiest for awhile. it just seems to make sense right now.

I was kidding about making you an atheist. You can have any faith you want. ;)

But I wasn't kidding about your writing skills. It's much better than before.

i know i just mean i want to take a break from religion lol.

In some ways I think realizing that its a guessing game is the way that you "win" the game. And the prize for winning is that you no longer feel the need to play, and you can finally move on in life learning how to do good because its good.

-Not because some "objective source" told you it was good.

true. i have found out more and more i can think for myself and religion is not nessessary in everyday life.