Goodbye Jesus

RELIGIOUS MORALITY??

Weezer

I have heard people say that one way to determine if something is moral, is to ask this question.  If everybody did this, would it contribute to life and quality of life?  What would the world be like?  Jesus said he had come that , "they may have life, and have it more abundantly."  And god said in Genesis to, "go forth, multiply and replinish the earth."

Is that thinking, taken to extremes, at the root of why some people are so against being gay, and having abortions??  If everyone did that, in 100 years there would be almost no humans left on earth.  And when you think about it, our jobs and economy depends on selling stuff and providing services to humans.  Fewer humans means smaller demands for goods and services.  And fewer jobs and less money to be made.  Is that the thinking behind the supposedly religious beliefs??  To boost the economy??  Were Abrahamic religions set up to have more people, and have control over those people so the gods/kings/corporations could profit?? And let the common working people have just enough to live on so they don't revolt??  And promise them an eternal blissful life in the hereafter if they will bow down to him, and not upset the apple cart??  

What do you think??

• Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
18 hours ago, Weezer said:

Is that thinking, taken to extremes, at the root of why some people are so against being gay, and having abortions??  If everyone did that, in 100 years there would be almost no humans left on earth.  And when you think about it, our jobs and economy depends on selling stuff and providing services to humans.  Fewer humans means smaller demands for goods and services.  And fewer jobs and less money to be made

I'm so happy my sexuality is playing a part in destroying the economy. Now I can not only cause natural disasters, but financial disasters as well! 🥰

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Weezer said:

Were Abrahamic religions set up to have more people, and have control over those people so the gods/kings/corporations could profit?? And let the common working people have just enough to live on so they don't revolt??  And promise them an eternal blissful life in the hereafter if they will bow down to him, and not upset the apple cart??

Yep.

• Thanks 1

More proof of the xtian 'thinking' about evolution. They themselves say they don't 'believe' in evolution so that must also mean economic evolution, spiritual evolution and evolution of the personality. Doesn't that make sense? Kind of obvious.....

• Thanks 1