Goodbye Jesus

What happened to some of the old timers from way back?

quantum

Burnedout

Margee

Brother jeff

and there was a lady whose picture was Wonder Woman 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, quantum said:

there was a lady whose picture was Wonder Woman

FreethinkerNZ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

FreethinkerNZ

That was her, are any of the above still active?

• Super Moderator
9 minutes ago, quantum said:

Burnedout

Margee

Brother jeff

Burnedout is no longer with us.  Margee still comes around on occasion.  Last we heard of Brother Jeff he had returned to the holy farter and gotten slaved after a prolonged struggle with his mental/emotional issues.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Burnedout is no longer with us.  Margee still comes around on occasion.  Last we heard of Brother Jeff he had returned to the holy farter and gotten slaved after a prolonged struggle with his mental/emotional issues.  

Thanks for the updates, I had a different name back then, but lost the details so started again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, quantum said:

Burnedout

Margee

Brother jeff

Thank you for the question. I miss them and don't even know them yet! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Last we heard of Brother Jeff he had returned to the holy farter and gotten slaved after a prolonged struggle with his mental/emotional issues.  

I hate how religious institutions target the most vulnerable as they keep advertising that their gospel/scriptures/God almighty is the solution/heals everything. I have prayed and yearned for God's grace to "overcome" my fallen human nature (Spoiler alert: It didn't work). Worse, is they often demonize long-term therapy and psychiatric help.

One of my family's guests who stayed over during summer brean was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and possibly Schizophrenia in his home country. His obsession over my family's church scriptures sometimes made him forget to the point he would lose a day or two of sleep and/or miss taking his medication. He often talked about hypothetical situations about "What would God think/do if he did ____." When he left our family to stay at my parents' old church friend in another town, he had a mental breakdown. Apparently, he fought off my parents' friend, thinking he was the devil, and ran off a few miles away saying how God is punishing him because he did not study the scriptures enough. The last time I met him was in the hospital's psychiatric ward in his home country, but he looked a lot better and more emotionally stable since his  mental breakdown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AnonSan said:

I hate how religious institutions target the most vulnerable as they keep advertising that their gospel/scriptures/God almighty is the solution/heals everything. I have prayed and yearned for God's grace to "overcome" my fallen human nature (Spoiler alert: It didn't work). Worse, is they often demonize long-term therapy and psychiatric help.

Indeed they do. Just like predators, eh? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnonSan said:

I hate how religious institutions target the most vulnerable as they keep advertising that their gospel/scriptures/God almighty is the solution/heals everything.

You got that right. When my father-in-law died relatively young and unexpectedly my mother-in-law went into a deep depression and talked of suicide. Because she was religious we were advised to take her to a counselor attached to her church. We had one meeting with this animal, who was rude, dismissive and insulting. He told her that if she killed herself we'd mourn for six weeks and then move on. She eventually did spend some time in a hospital and fortunately ended up OK, but the whole recovery took a couple of years and was not easy.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, older said:

We had one meeting with this animal, who was rude, dismissive and insulting. He told her that if she killed herself we'd mourn for six weeks and then move on.

"There's no hate like Christian love". Honestly, I have encountered so many shallow twerps who were there for power games and money I wanted to do a Jesus-meets-the-moneychangers on them. 

• Like 6

On 11/12/2023 at 8:15 AM, quantum said:

Burnedout

Margee

Brother jeff

I think BO finally got himself banned.  Don't know the details.

Not sure about Margee.

Brother Jeff is still out there doing his thing:

• Super Moderator
48 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

That is true.  We don't share the details.

I'm amazed that it took as long as it did.  Remember that time he told a female on here that she would probably enjoy being raped?  Even that wasn't enough to ban the guy 😄

• Thanks 1

I just returned after some years away. I remember some of those names. These boards were so helpful to me then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2023 at 3:21 PM, RankStranger said:

Not sure about Margee.

Brother Jeff hasn't posted on YouTube in seven years, and isn't on any social media that I've been able to find. Hope he is doing well...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trashy said:

Brother Jeff hasn't posted on YouTube in seven years, and isn't on any social media that I've been able to find. Hope he is doing well...

I can’t find it now, but a couple of years ago I did come across his blog.  He was excitedly - and in all seriousness - predicting the return of the Lord for late 2021, if I recall.    A few months later, he was expecting it later in 2022. 

Hi guys. Funny, I haven't checked in for awhile but I thought I would check in today and there are so many posts I would love to respond to. So i'll respond to this one first. Maybe I need to come back here and post how I am really feeling. Lord knows, you can't do it on Facebook. Most of my friends do not even know that I am an atheist.

Thank you so much for mentioning my name. This site was the site that pretty much saved my life. When I joined here, I was ready to face that there wasn't a god and I was in a depression so bad. My husband and I were also talking about divorce at the time in 2010. (something I never mentioned on here at all) The marriage is much better today and I'm proud to say we are still together.

I personally have been going through the worst time in my life for the last 4 years and have been so numb that I can barely even post on Facebook anymore. I continue to post on Facebook because I need some laughter in my life. My posts are all funny, stupid memes so very few know what I am going through. My 18 year old grandson who I  love to the moon and back may die very soon and I will have to face this and also be there for his mother who has nearly lost her mind. Drugs and alcohol are what may take him out. Today he enters rehab for the 4th time and I still do not think he can make it. He has almost died (and has gone missing) a few times in the last 4 years. It is the most crazy making, gut wrenching, horrible, dark hole depression I have ever been in in my life. I climb out of bed everyday (with tons of hip pain) and try to look quite positive to the world.I need to stay strong for my girl. I still put on my smiley face as to not bring everyone down with me. I actually screamed out to jesus a few days ago and told him if he would save my grandson, I would become a believer again...that's how desperate I am.  I landed up in the hospital with skyrocketing high blood pressure that was stoke level. I am doing a lot of resting right now and trying to take care of me.. Anyway, I will not bore you with my personal life. I'm just having a little pity party. Please cross your fingers for us because if he dies we will go to our graves completely destroyed. It's like we wait everyday for the news of his death. He was arrested and put in jail over x-mas. Not a fun time for our family. His drug and alcohol addiction has taken every bit of what happiness I could feel in my older years away. I do have moments of reprieve by distracting myself with other more positive things. We have done every single thing possible to try and get him help. It is now up to him not to run out of rehab in the next 2 months. Thanks for letting me get this out. It feels kinda good to be posting.

Brother Jeff is a friend of mine and he is doing well right now. He is out of chritianity again and seems content for the time being. His rational mind is working well right now.

Love and Hugs to all of you who might be going through shit you cannot talk about. I'll be back...... 

Love Margee ((hug))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for sharing that Margee.  Our youngest daughter got hooked in high school, and we went through hell for a while.  But she finally got clean and has been for years now.  Hopefully this cycle through treatment will make a difference with your grandson.  Feel free to come here and vent anytime!  HANG IN THERE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s good to hear from you Margee, but oh my gosh I’m so sorry you’ve been going through all this!   I can’t imagine what it must be like.  I just want to go up there to Canadaland and give you the biggest, warmest, longest hug in the world!

You know this is one place you don’t have to put on a facade: you can be yourself here, you can pour your heart out as much as you need.  I know some of your oldest friends here are no longer around, but this is still your home and we love you!

I’m glad to hear Brother Jeff is doing well and experiencing both contentment and rationality!  Please tell him he is always welcome here, but we do understand that he must put his well-being first.  And thank you for letting us know, Margee.

Don’t be a stranger, especially if it helps in any way to talk about what you’re going through.  

Big Hug!!!

- TABA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Margee! I am glad you've returned and want to introduce myself. I've read your posts among all the other outstanding writing here and hope to hear more from you when you've sorted out as much as you can. 

I've joked here about using drugs to fill a spiritual void and/or substitution for 'god'. But I think it's very true and that addicts can be deeply spiritual beings that are really looking for the same thing we all are as human beings, trying to find that communion with whatever 'god' is. And perhaps they feel that pain more deeply than others. I hope the facility he stays in address that issue effectively so he can heal the root of the problem. And that goes for you and your daughter as well. 

My thoughts (never prayers, right Professor?) are with you and your family. 

Welcome back. We're with you Margee! ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Margee, I cannot imagine the heartache. My daughter lost a friend to heroine this past year. He was 2 weeks away from getting out of jail when, allegedly, a guard gave him the junk that ended his life. So painful. Everyday so many parents, grandparents, and loved ones are grieving through this epidemic. I hope you take some comfort in knowing you are not alone. 

On a different note, does anyone know how Florduh is doing? I believe he disclosed that he has late stage cancer some time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, freshstart said:

On a different note, does anyone know how Florduh is doing? I believe he disclosed that he has late stage cancer some time ago.

He's still alive and kicking, and his wit is still as acerbic as it's ever been.  He doesn't have as much energy these days as he once did; but he still brings his dark humor and sarcasm to those who appreciate it. 

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 1:21 PM, RankStranger said:

Not sure about Margee.

I hadn't seen any news about Florduh nor saw any posting of his cancer. Hope he gets through it and can  tell us a little more.

My guess is that many members have come here because of religious issues and  trauma, or the remembrance of them. Once they slowly get over it when they are here, they have less to talk about and fade away into a less troubled life. If so, religious issues become of less interest to them, and perhaps they slowly stop posting here,  Others here like to argue about religion and therefore stay here. Some, like me, find humor in religious comments and often reply with more logic-based comments that are not insulting, trying to give religious folk and others that may be interested, a "more logical" insight into reality.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 2:23 PM, RankStranger said:

I'm amazed that it took as long as it did.  Remember that time he told a female on here that she would probably enjoy being raped?  Even that wasn't enough to ban the guy 😄

Stick around here for awhile RankStranger cause I am neither Foul or a Godling like you claim to be -- so we have something to argue about, right?  :)