Goodbye Jesus

Returning member

traveller2

Hello, it's been many years since I last posted here. 

Been doing a lot of living but this year I've thought about about this place and how it helped me when I took those early faltering steps out of Xtianity, roughly 12-13 years ago.

Biggest thing that's happened to me is I got the final piece of my own personal puzzle....turns out I was autistic. Wow what amazing personal narrative to me; it's been so helpful finding out who I really am.

When I look back at my Christian life...I was always badly treated and criticized by wonderful Christians because of what I now know we're autistic traits specific to me. What a bunch of uncharitable people they were, just for being me.

Anyhow, hello again to you all.

• Like 5

• Admin

Welcome back, Traveler. 

It's great to know you have been able to puzzle things out a bit. My family has several members who have been diagnosed with various degrees of autism, so I can somewhat  appreciate your experience. 

Anyway, welcome back. Please feel invited and encouraged to stay and renew some old relationships and perhaps even make some new friends. :woohoo:

9 hours ago, traveller2 said:

When I look back at my Christian life...I was always badly treated and criticized by wonderful Christians because of what I now know we're autistic traits specific to me. What a bunch of uncharitable people they were, just for being me.

This is major suckage. I, too, had an unknown issue that was part of my being that resulted in being yelled at, threatened, and subjected to failures that could have been avoided. So I extend my complete understanding and sympathies for what you went through. And glad that you figured it out and now can deal with it. What everyone needs to learn is that there are many ways of being and to expect everyone to conform to one specific model is unrealistic and harmful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1