Goodbye Jesus

Asking Your Opinion?

Open_Minded

I figured out, just today, that I have more than enough posts to give myself a Custom member title. :Doh:

"Apostate" has been just below my avatar for awhile. I'd like to select something else.

I thought of "Happy Heretic" - but that seems so hokey. I don't do hokey.

I do sarcastic.

I do funny, witty, etc... but I don't do hokey.

All of you have had me around long enough that I'm sure you can come up with some good suggestions. So... I'm taking a leap of faith and asking. :wicked:

P.S. I'm asking in the Lion's Den for a reason - feel free to go wild.

I'll choose the best suggestion. :wicked:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

I don't know you, but "rape enthusiast" doesn't seem to be taken and it has a nice ring to it.

i second that opinion.

I got a question: how do you change your member title?

I got a question: how do you change your member title?

It's in your "Edit Profile" area, Dhampir. ;)

If you get a chance, go ahead and Google "The Happy Heretic".

I think you might like what you'll find.

If that doesn't work, try "Judith Hayes". Happy Heretic is her handle.

It's there now. It wasn't last time I looked.

I don't know you, but "rape enthusiast" doesn't seem to be taken and it has a nice ring to it.

Not cool. Many women fear being raped. I don't think that's at all appropriate.

O_M, feel free to ignore this suggestion. When I think of a good one, I'll let you know. :)

It can be anything and doesn't have to do with religion, like say, "Rose Enthusiast". Actually I think "Radical" would be a great one for you.

My title has to do with my avitar. I was actually thinking of changing my avitar to this and changing the title to "Holy Church of the Parallel Crucificion." What do you think?

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

It can be anything and doesn't have to do with religion, like say, "Rose Enthusiast". Actually I think "Radical" would be a great one for you.

My title has to do with my avitar. I was actually thinking of changing my avitar to this and changing the title to "Holy Church of the Parallel Crucificion." What do you think?

You'll be the sworn enemy of the triclavianists if you do.

Not cool. Many women fear being raped. I don't think that's at all appropriate.

O_M, feel free to ignore this suggestion. When I think of a good one, I'll let you know. :)

Many men fear getting kicked in the balls. Does that make it unmentionable? It was a joke. Nobody here really wants to rape anyone, Rosa.

Touched by an alien?

P.S. I'm asking in the Lion's Den for a reason - feel free to go wild.

OK, how's this - a quote from the Death Metal band Deicide:

"Go fuck your God!"

Or is that just a hair on the hard-boiled side? :scratch:

OK, how's this - a quote from the Death Metal band Deicide:

"Go fuck your God!"

Or is that just a hair on the hard-boiled side? :scratch:

Somehow I can't quite see that on OM's profile, though it does have a certain crude eloquence to it. I'm sure there are more than a few others here who wouldn't have any qualms about using it. :grin:

Hey, O_M.

What about "Gnostic Heretic", or simply "Gnostic"? The Gnostics considered themselves Christians, while the "other" Christians ("bible-believing", followers of Paul) called them heretics. That sounds exactly like the theological position you're in today. You've said yourself that mainstream Christians don't typically embrace your views.

(Actually, Gnostic Heretic is how I've always thought of you anyway. So this would just make it "official". :HaHa: )

Or how about Snarky Gnostic? That would seem to fit....

If you get a chance, go ahead and Google "The Happy Heretic".

I think you might like what you'll find.

If that doesn't work, try "Judith Hayes". Happy Heretic is her handle.

Wow.. a book by that title ... I never knew. Although it still seems hokey to me. :)

I like "Radical". 10 years ago when I was joining the church I'm at now, the (then Bishop - he's gone now) told the church council they shouldn't accept me because I'm a rabble rouser. That's sort of radical. (He has since apologized to me). But, "rabble rouser" is a term "polite Lutherans" have used in conjunction with my name more than once. :)

Yes... you've brought out this picture before. Go for it.... just call yourself, "Arch Bishop of the Holy Church of the Parallel Crucificion". :grin:

Hey, O_M.

What about "Gnostic Heretic", or simply "Gnostic"? The Gnostics considered themselves Christians, while the "other" Christians ("bible-believing", followers of Paul) called them heretics. That sounds exactly like the theological position you're in today. You've said yourself that mainstream Christians don't typically embrace your views.

(Actually, Gnostic Heretic is how I've always thought of you anyway. So this would just make it "official". )

Hello Mr. Grinch.

Yes, Heretic seems to fit me best. Although "Gnostic" ... well .... if the average literal minded idiot got ahold of Gnostic literature and used it the same way they use the Bible we'd have a whole new realm of fundamentalism. I am a bit of a Gnostic - to be sure - but I'm a bit of a lot of other things as well.

Mostly, in the realm of religion, the thing that comes closest to defining me is not letting people remain comfortable in their narrow-mindedness. If they are narrow-minded in favor of Gnostism (and I've met those who are - who figure it's the answer to all of Christianity's problems) then I'm just as likely to call them on it.

So... here's where I"m at.

Heretic fits me best, I like Antlerman's "Radical", and well the Bishop gave me a true compliment when he adviced our church council to not accept me because I was a "rabble rouser". So... I think I'm going to go with ....

Rabble rousing, radical Heretic (Anything to make you think.) :)

How does that sound:)

So... I think I'm going to go with ....

I like it. I think it will go a long way for you here. :grin:

So... I think I'm going to go with ....

I like it. I think it will go a long way for you here. :grin:

Thanks Antlerman:

Now do we get to see a new Avatar and signature from you. :)

Suggestion for name: "fanatic agnostic"

Thanks Antlerman:

Now do we get to see a new Avatar and signature from you. :)

I don't know. I'm still pretty fond of the face of the hobbit. Such a primative, yet contemplative gaze into the fire as if to be pondering, "What is the meaning of the fire"? That and he bares a striking resemblence to me as I see myself. :grin:

BTW, that is an actual photo of him they found on the Island of Flores that one of his tribe aparantly took 18.000 years ago. They were quite advanced for such a little people of so long ago.

Here's a photo of him with his body and skin missing:

Open Minded... no matter what your label is... we ALL know you're a wonderful person! :wink: