Goodbye Jesus

Conversation with my mom

Aurelia

Last night mom threw me the ole "Only jesus can give you true joy" line, and I had fun telling her that christianity does not have a monopoly on joy, the "fruits of the spirit" or any other positive emotion. I sunk her boat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Aurelia said:

Last night mom threw me the ole "Only jesus can give you true joy" line, and I had fun telling her that christianity does not have a monopoly on joy, the "fruits of the spirit" or any other positive emotion. I sunk her boat.

Welcome back.  What else have you been up to in the last 15 years?

2 hours ago, Aurelia said:

Yup. When I found true joy is when I realized that it was all hogwash and left it behind. The freedom was exhilarating. 

• Like 5

I felt C S Lewis's words "Surprised by Joy" when I first fell-in to the truth and I love to say it to those who are brave enough to ask me why I no longer believe (although these folk from my past are very few and far between!)

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 4:08 PM, Aurelia said:

I'm pretty sure weed is the only thing that can give me true joy, but that's just me.........😁

• Haha 1