Goodbye Jesus

Christmas and fairies.

nontheistpilgrim

Christmas 2023 was difficult for me. As an ex- christian surrounded by Christians and in a society that perpetuates the biblical nonsense I didn't cope well.
That's the truth.
And now the fantasy.
I found an old book in a charity shop, an anthology of over twenty writers from around the world and written over several centuries. They all tell of their experiences with fairies and one special good fairy who lived long ago and still lives today. They've met her, spoken with her, shared their most private hopes and fears with her and love her with all their heart.
I have become convinced that this fairy loves me far more than I deserve and will take care of me through the uncertainties that come my way in 2024. How can I not believe this when many seemingly intelligent people write so convincingly?
I do believe.
End of rant, end of fantasy.

•  
  • Like 2

• Super Moderator

There is a mountain biking trail I ride a lot here locally called "The Forest of the Gnomes."  There's even a spot where people put garden gnomes around an old tree.  I generally ride this trail in about the middle of my ride, after the much more vigorous "Deliverance" trail and before the faster, easier "Twisted Pine" trail.  By the time I hit the "Forest" I'm in an in-between state--exhausted from the previous trail; but starting to catch my second wind.  My mind is keen and sharp: and my body has stopped fighting and simply surrendered to response and drive.  I don't believe there really are gnomes in the "Forest;" but something in there moves me.  And I often find myself in a state of complete oneness: the trail, the bike, my mind and body, and the music in my earbuds, all meld and blend into a singular expression of life.  It's the reason I torture myself with the other trails.  Just for a moment to reach that mini-nirvana.

Believe in your fairy, my friend.  She might be more real than our sciences can detect.

• Like 2

My daughter says "Being away with the fairies is probably a good choice". I agree.

Better than 'under the blood of Jesus' which was heard in my partner's church over the weekend (I kid not).