Goodbye Jesus

Purkinje images in the eyes of Virgin

MarieMonteiro

Took a lot of Google searching to find any images:

image.png.44b621f990169f61290a24c58db8f93e.png

It's some of the most wishful thinking to make images out of those ink spots.  The articles I could find said nothing about mathematical proof from those, in fact they said the images were wrong, but claimed that was due to being curved like a normal eye.

The claimed testing by ophthalmologists was done in the 1950's, so ~70-year-old tests prior to computers, digital imaging, digital microscopes or man had been to the moon.  The newest test I could find was a specific one in 2002 which found nothing unusual about the image.

There were also a page load of incorrect claims made about the image, from heart beats being heard, to NASA looking at it, to temperature tests, to the image having no sketch lines (of course you couldn't see them as they were under the paint, but infra-red scans have since found them).

So between the believers not mentioning the maths as important, there being plenty of false information being spread about it and the images of the eye looking nothing like the believers claim without a whole heaping of wishful thinking, I can't see this as being compelling evidence of anything.

• Thanks 1