Goodbye Jesus

Disillusioned Agnostic

Ushiromiya_Battler

Hello, I'm Ushiromiya Battler but you may simply call me Battler. I use he/his pronouns and I came here because I want a bit of a refuge from my Christian brainwashed brother and father. 

Don't get me wrong, I love them both to pieces.  But the constant God talk gets on my radamned nerves. And with me being a trans guy, it makes it a little more awkward. 

Bit of context; dad is converting into Catholic, Brother keeps talking about Jesus...but I know he can't really help it since he can't really think very critically about things (special needs) but he is very smart. not gonna lie....I worry about him though.  

Ok to the point...I am here so I can explore what else is out here besides Christianity...I try to keep an open mind when it comes to most religions/faiths...However, I feel like I need a place to just be myself and Express my not so Christian views without judgement.

Bit about me: I have two cats, I am neurodivergant (mild autism, CPtsd, depression, anxiety), I'm an anime fan and I like cute and sparkly stuff. I also enjoy drinking coffee to start my day, listening to music and drawing when inspiration strikes. 

Thank you for allowing me to be here. I hope to meet some new people here. ;)

• Like 3

Welcome Battler! It is hard to watch loved ones caught in the cult. We always hope they will see through, but they are given sweet sounding promises of love and paradise (at the cost of bloody human sacrifice) and most of us here were caught in it for years. If we can be any help, let us know.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ushiromiya_Battler said:

Hello, I'm Ushiromiya Battler but you may simply call me Battler. I use he/his pronouns and I came here because I want a bit of a refuge from my Christian brainwashed brother and father. 

Don't get me wrong, I love them both to pieces.  But the constant God talk gets on my radamned nerves. And with me being a trans guy, it makes it a little more awkward. 

Bit of context; dad is converting into Catholic, Brother keeps talking about Jesus...but I know he can't really help it since he can't really think very critically about things (special needs) but he is very smart. not gonna lie....I worry about him though.  

Ok to the point...I am here so I can explore what else is out here besides Christianity...I try to keep an open mind when it comes to most religions/faiths...However, I feel like I need a place to just be myself and Express my not so Christian views without judgement.

Bit about me: I have two cats, I am neurodivergant (mild autism, CPtsd, depression, anxiety), I'm an anime fan and I like cute and sparkly stuff. I also enjoy drinking coffee to start my day, listening to music and drawing when inspiration strikes. 

Hello, Battler! And welcome to the forum! I joined here July of last year and trust me when I say that this community has helped, and continues to help me to this day.

Here you will find lots of individuals who have been affected (effected?? Uh.. spelling lmao) by Christianity, including myself. I, like you, came here for a sort of refuge from my Christian family. My parents haven't exactly taken me being gay all that well haha. Just glad they haven't brought it up anytime soon.

Also yay another anime fan, artist and cat enjoyer let's gooooo!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ushiromiya_Battler said:

First posting here, cool :) Welcome to X-Christ Battler. As for me, I am a pure atheist and believe that all religions of the world, past and present, are pure BS.  So I would recommend finding out more about science via research, which is backed up sometimes by a great deal of evidence, to replace present or possibly future ideas concerning the validity of religions. Hope you decide that this is a great place for getting over the "falsehoods" of Christianity. Cheers :)

• Like 1

Welcome Battler!!  You seem to be going down the same road many of us have.  When I first left Christianity, I looked into other religions, but after 20 years of exploring and study of religious history, decided they are all devised by humans.  Now consider myself a humanitarian agnostic.  

I hope being trans in your part of the world is not as difficult as it is here in the USA.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Here's a picture of two bunnies humping.

humping bunnies.jpg

Welcome to the Ex-Christian Community Battler!

I also love cutesy stuff, anime, art, and animals. Yay! 

Also, you are in very good hands. Everyone here has experienced all sorts of Christian shenanigans/trauma for decades that motivated us to leave the faith for good. Many of us also have family/relatives still tied in with Christianity that this forum also serves as a safe space for everyone to help navigate through such (ongoing) interpersonal dilemmas.

Let us know if you need any help!

• Like 2