Goodbye Jesus

GOD AND COUNTRY

Weezer

A documentary is coming out called GOD AND COUNTRY, regarding Christian nationalism.  It is based on the book, THE POWER WORSHIPPERS: INSIDE THE DANGEROUS RISE OF RELIGIOUS NATIONALISM.  It is related to what I said in the other thread (Science vs Religion) about "power brokers" and downplaying  liberal education.  There is an interesting discussion about the upcoming documentry on YouTube with Seth Andrews, "the thinking atheist", talking to the author of the book.  The subject is God and Country.  You would likely find it interesting, and is something we all need to be conderned about.  I think the film may help further our concern regarding fear based religion.  I Don't know how to do a link, so someone feel free to do one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

I Don't know how to do a link, so someone feel free to do one

Here you go…

• Thanks 1

Thanks Taba for posting that.  There is also an interesting video of Seth Andrews, "the thinking atheist", interviewing the author (Kathrine Stewart) of the POWER WORSHIPPERS book which the movie is based on.  Seth Andrews, "the thinking atheist", is an exchristian.  

Be careful what you post here.  I did a google search this morning for "Seth Andrews, God and Country", and way down the list this thread came up.  AI is sucking up everything you post here!!

• Like 1

Oh I’m fully aware that search engines index everything in this site and every site that is openly accessible.   Only members can post here but anybody can read our forum posts, Google included.   And it’s not AI, it’s just old fashioned search engines.  Our DMs should of course be shielded from such surveillance.  

I am a member of a few atheist-oriented Private Facebook Groups.  Anybody including Google can see that the groups exist, but only members can see the posts, or the member lists.  It’s nice to have those places where I can use my real name and be open with like-minded folks.  But even those places could be hacked.  

• Like 1