Goodbye Jesus

Timelapse of the Future... A visual guide to how the universe evolves from now until the end of time.

walterpthefirst

I find this video quite enchanting and sobering, particularly when I consider the briefness of life in the universe and the immensity of the aeons and aeons that will follow.

However, this video attempts to show things which are difficult to visualize and also some things which cannot be visualized.  The video makers have therefore taken some artistic licence in their depiction of certain events.  There is also quite a bit of speculation involved.  Using the video timestamp I list some pointers and some guidance as to what is accurately shown and what should be taken as artistic representation.

Anyway, please enjoy!

10:00

The Accelerated Expansion of the Universe.

On the screen we see the universe appear to expand from a single point, becoming larger and larger.  But this image is misleading.  Cosmic expansion causes every point (or location) in the universe to move away from every other.  So, please do not take this image literally.  What we are being shown here is a kind of visual metaphor.  The reality is much more difficult to envisage than what we are seeing on the screen.  This insight also applies to any further images in this video that appear to show the universe growing or radiating from a single point.

10:30

Proton Decay

This signals the end of all matter in the universe.  Once the last proton has decayed all that will be left is radiated light (photons) and black holes. With no matter to interact with black holes cease to be surrounded by rings or disks of light.  It would be impossible to show anything meaningful happening on a computer screen in an entirely dark universe.  A black circle depicting a totally dark black hole on a totally dark background would just look like a completely black screen to us - with nothing visible and nothing happening.  Therefore, the video makers have opted to use artistic licence during the Black Hole Era.  Black holes are shown surrounded by rings of light for our benefit.  However, they would emit no light that the human eye could see. This situation changes when Hawking radiation is discussed at 17:20.

14:30

Black Hole Mergers

Any lighting effects on the screen are meant to represent gravitational waves, which emit no light and are invisible to the human eye.  Again, total darkness prevails and any light shown is simply there to aid our understanding.  The sequences depicting two black holes merging are illuminated with waves and flashing light for our benefit.  They are meant to represent gravitational waves stretching the fabric of space and causing it to ‘ring’.

17:20

Hawking Radiation

All black holes eventually dissolve and in doing so radiate light.  So, the ‘fireworks’ are more or less realistic.

23:00

Parallel Universes

In my opinion this is off-topic.  This video was supposed to be a timelapse of OUR universe, not any others that are speculated to exist.  Even if they did exist, we could never know anything about them because no energy or information from them could ever reach us.

23:50

The Creation of New Universes.  

Any lighting effects used here are purely figurative and do not represent any actual events or processes.  These ideas are pure speculation, just like discussion of parallel universes.

28:10

The End of the Universe.

Eventually only photons remain and the runaway expansion of the universe stretches their wavelength more and more, causing them to lose energy and to cool.  When every photon reaches absolute zero their temperature cannot fall any further.  There is nothing further left to happen to them and so nothing happens and time comes to a stop.  Time is a measurement of change and if no further change is possible time freezes and all things stop. 

This is the true end of the universe.

Thanks,

Walter.

I think the video in interesting and maybe it might go without saying, but this is the end of the universe according to the Big Bang (BB) universe.

As you probably know, Walter, I believe that nearly all of the BB model and proposal is wrong. Although maybe up to 99% of cosmologists believe in a version of the Big Bang cosmology, most also know that There are Some Big Problems with Mainstream Cosmology.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/cosmology-has-some-big-problems/

Although most of these problems are well known in cosmology, few know of the breadth of this disparity like Michael Disney does.

Modern Cosmology: Science of Folk Tale?

http://astroweb.case.edu/ssm/HONR219Q/anticosmology7.pdf

Below are some of my own related scientific journal publications explaining some mainstream problems in cosmology,as well as the proposed solutions.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/370212804_Resolutions_and_answers_to_the_many_acknowledged_problems_of_mainstream_cosmology

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/363649063_The_Surprising_and_unexpected_discoveries_the_James_Webb_Space_Telescope_will_likely_make_based_upon_our_research

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337696089_The_great_many_distant_observations_that_contradict_Big_Bang_cosmology

Maybe I'm just expressing my opinion, Pantheory?

Just as you claimed you were expressing your opinion in the Suffering for the Will of God thread.

• Like 1