Goodbye Jesus

The Flying Spaghetti Monster Challenge

Wertbag

For those of you who don't know, the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) was a joke idea put forward to counter intelligent design proponents. The ID crowd were trying to push for Christianity to be taught in science classrooms as an alternate theory, but as the FSM group showed you would have to teach all such ideas equally and hence the teaching becomes farcical. 

A tongue in cheek challenge was issued to the FSM crowd to do their best to prove the FSM was real. Straight away you had famous arguments like design, first cause, morals and fine tuning, which point to a non-specific god. You also had the great joke "you say string theory, i say noodle theory".

There were pictures of the human nervous system which looks surprisingly noodle like and hubble telescope photos of binary stars which looked a lot like the cartoon character of the noodles surrounding two meatballs. 

There was also a holy book, which claimed to be the inspired word of the FSM. The book claimed 500 witnesses had seen the FSM, that some had been touched by his noodles and there were many stories of lives changed ("I was an unemployed drug addict living under a bridge. I prayed to the FSM and now i live under a highway overpass, praise be!").

With strong testimonial evidence, too many people to have been lying, too many people for it to have been a hallucinations, a holy book that is inerrant, seeing the fingerprint in the veins and nerves of every living creature and so many people who have felt His presence and have His spirit within them, its pretty much incontrovertible... right?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

There was also a holy book, which claimed to be the inspired word of the FSM. The book claimed 500 witnesses had seen the FSM, that some had been touched by his noodles and there were many stories of lives changed ("I was an unemployed drug addict living under a bridge. I prayed to the FSM and now i live under a highway overpass, praise be!").

With strong testimonial evidence, too many people to have been lying, too many people for it to have been a hallucinations, a holy book that is inerrant, seeing the fingerprint in the veins and nerves of every living creature and so many people who have felt His presence and have His spirit within them, its pretty much incontrovertible... right?

got to read this. Although idk how to feel about the guy who was touched by FSM. I could see infinite amounts of horrors being produced from that.

• Super Moderator

Also, DNA in its natural state looks exactly like a plate of spaghetti.  It only forms chromatids when the cell divides.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Also, DNA in its natural state looks exactly like a plate of spaghetti.  It only forms chromatids when the cell divides.

Well that settles it, then.

Ra-men brethren, ra-men...

• Haha 1

I wonder what the FSM Christmas story would entail...

• Super Moderator

We also know from the double helix structure of DNA that it was intelligently designed by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  Why else would it look exactly like rotini pasta?  Checkmate, muthafuckas.

Pasta DNA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

We also know from the double helix structure of DNA that it was intelligently designed by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  Why else would it look exactly like rotini pasta?  Checkmate, muthafuckas.

14 hours ago, Fuego said:

Ra-men brethren, ra-men...

Conclusion: We are what we eat and made out of. 

Noodles are synonymous with longevity and good health in Asia. Breaking spaghetti in half is sacrilegious in Italian households ("Mama mia!"). The more popular cuisines worldwide are often incorporate a lot of noodles, pasta, and related in their diets. Instant versions are even used as commodities and currency in prison and as emergency food reserves in households due to its affordability and long shelf life that outlasts bread, despite the preservatives. 

Did I mention how inclusive noodles and pasta are? They can be gluten free, such as rice (vermicelli in pho); beans (mung beans for cellophane glass noodles); different grains (buckwheat in Japanese soba); root vegetables (sweet potatoes in Korean japchae); and kelp noodles for the health conscious people. Go ahead and add natural plant-based dyes or squid ink while making your own pasta to look pretty! They come in all different shapes, thickness, length, and sizes. So much fun to choose from! Can be served hot or cold. Can be cooked to al-dente or softer to your own textural preference or chewing needs. Dishes of them are in soups, stir-frys, salads, snacks, and even in desserts (i.e. Kugel, Faloodeh). 

Noodles and pasta are love. Noodles and pasta are life. I am probably made out of 70% of noodles and pasta at this point after years of consumption...

ALL HAIL THE NOODLE AND PASTA KINGDOM!!!! 🍜🍝

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
50 minutes ago, AnonSan said:

Did I mention how inclusive noodles and pasta are?

Ms. Professor is Vietnamese; and has probably consumed a proportionally equal percentage of noodles as you during her lifetime.  Unfortunately, I have to be careful with my blood sugar, so carbohydrates are not something I can consume as often as I'd like.  When we first got married, she was at a complete loss about what to cook for me, since nearly every Vietnamese dish incorporates either noodles or rice.  Being a bit more experienced with blood sugar issues myself, and being somewhat of a shade tree foodie also, I introduced her to the humble spaghetti squash.  She absolutely loved it to the point that it has become one of our weekly staples from the produce aisle.  Making Pho?  Buy a spaghetti squash!  Stir fry?  Serve it with some spaghetti squash!  Feel like some Bun Cha?  Wrap a little spaghetti squash up with it!  It even goes great with... spaghetti.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AnonSan said:

Did I mention how inclusive noodles and pasta are? They can be gluten free, such as rice (vermicelli in pho); beans (mung beans for cellophane glass noodles); different grains (buckwheat in Japanese soba); root vegetables (sweet potatoes in Korean japchae); and kelp noodles for the health conscious people. Go ahead and add natural plant-based dyes or squid ink while making your own pasta to look pretty! They come in all different shapes, thickness, length, and sizes. So much fun to choose from! Can be served hot or cold. Can be cooked to al-dente or softer to your own textural preference or chewing needs. Dishes of them are in soups, stir-frys, salads, snacks, and even in desserts (i.e. Kugel, Faloodeh). 

That all sounds so good. Probably shouldn't be looking at this on an empty stomach. That Kugel and Faloodeh look delicious! I didn't know pasta desserts existed. Thank you @AnonSan for opening up this wonderful world of pasta to me. All hail FSM! 🍝

• Like 1

Discovery of second ultra-large structure in distant space further challenges our understanding of the universe (phys.org)

The Big Ring appears as an almost perfect ring in the sky, but Alexia's further analysis reveals that it has more of a coil shape, like a cork-screw, that is aligned face-on with Earth.

A coil shape or a cork-screw or a...

...gigantic strand of rotini pasta seen end on!

Praise be to the FSM!

• Like 2