Goodbye Jesus

Trying to find hope in this life.

Casualfanboy16

It's been a while since I last posted anything, but I am needing to get this out of my head before it bothers me too much. I have noticed for quite a long time that I severely lack any sort of hope for a bright future ahead of me since it feels like the world at large is collapsing. Doesn't help that moments ago my Dad went on another rant about the state of the US and how it's collapsing. I understand that life isn't free from any tragedy or turmoil, but finding joy or any peace in a world, in a universe, that is so vast and infinite and complex with all its twists and turns is kinda difficult right now. I don't want to blind myself from the bad parts of the world and view life through rose-tinted glasses, but I also feel like I'm becoming deeply cynical and finding it hard to find any semblance of joy. I have also come to the realization that my tolerance for stress, especially towards the unpredictable nature of the universe and the various complex issues of the world, is not that great tbh. I'm not proud of it.

Not sure if this should've been in Rants and Replies, but I'm gonna go and drink some tea or something to cool down. Today has not been my day, but "this too shall pass" as people say. I just thought getting this out would be beneficial. I've been wrestling with thoughts for like a good while I think I just reached a little bit of a limit and I needed to get it out of my head so apologies to anyone that had to see that side of me again lol

• Thanks 2

I feel you. Especially when we are almost reaching our 30s, which apparently is supposed be our financial/professional/QoL peak. Yet, it doesn't seem like so, as our sense of security and a having bright future ahead of us remains increasingly difficult and distant in this rat race. All I could say, based on personal experience and being in a similar predicament as many millennials and younger, is to do and focus on whatever you can do that is within your controls and establish goals that can be done under realistic and timely perspective. Otherwise, we end up overwhelming and being too hard on ourselves to the point of complete burnout. Accomplishing the little things via chores, hobbies, work (if you actually like your job), and leisure to make yourself useful does wonders to quell our cynical minds.  

I focus my time and energy in taking care my household, husband, and bird son, so at this point too busy to care damn about societal pettiness and others judging about my (secular) lifestyle, and decisions (Don't we all had enough of everything we see and experience?). That realization, to stop comparing yourself to other people and being a people-pleaser, is what helped me got out of a very depressive time not being up to par with my family and peers. If the people running the world('s corruption) could care less about us, then why bother about their atypical billionaire problems that do not add any sustenance to our well-being? Although keeping up with current events helps us be informed or our surroundings, it is also good to step away from, it if needed, especially how our news outlets have become more sensationalized of doom and gloom. 

Self-care and taking care of our inner child is essential at this point. Cherish the little things of life and what you already have via mindfulness. Do what feels right to you, whatever it may be.

1 hour ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Not sure if this should've been in Rants and Replies, but I'm gonna go and drink some tea or something to cool down. 

Rant away via a mad hatter's tea party! I got Roasted Oolong, Assam black tea, Japanese Green Tea, loose leaf Pu-erh and Jasmine Dragon Pearls from Chinatown. Recently got Harney & Son's Paris Decaf for the evenings and boy, it is addicting with a splash of warm milk and honey!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

As someone who has been in the rat race longer than either of y'all have even been alive, here's my advice: find the least annoying way to afford rent and groceries and spend the rest of your time focusing entirely on YOU.

• Like 4

Thank you everyone for your contributions to the thread thus far. I have since calmed down, but am a bit exhausted. It really did pass, until the next one, but I think I'm doing a tad better now. Still going to respond later though because I am in the mood to rest mentally haha.

On 3/5/2024 at 11:30 AM, Casualfanboy16 said:

I have noticed for quite a long time that I severely lack any sort of hope for a bright future ahead of me

When I had depression, this was exactly the feeling that you get.  You can't see pass the immediate situation and can't imagine it ever improving.  It is strange, this short-term view that gets into our heads as the way things will always be, when logically we know how much the world can change.  If you think what your life was like 5 years ago to how it is today, you could have different friends, hobbies, work, schooling, pets and plans.  Now think ahead 5 years, how much different will life be then?

There are many things outside of our control and a small circle of things that we can influence.  Even that small amount of influence can drastically change our lives.  What you choose to study, where you want to work, where you have plans to travel, the new people who will enter your life and how you spend your free time.

10 years ago, I was newly married with no kids, 5 years ago I lived in a different home.  I've learnt to look forward and plan for what I want, put the bad times in perspective that they are a dot on the years ahead of you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 2:30 PM, Casualfanboy16 said:

I just thought getting this out would be beneficial. I've been wrestling with thoughts for like a good while I think I just reached a little bit of a limit and I needed to get it out of my head so apologies to anyone that had to see that side of me again lol

Hey Casual, sometimes getting it out is like relieving the pressure cooker. Do it! It's what friends are for. 

Hang in there sweet child. ❤️

• Like 2

9 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

Hey Casual, sometimes getting it out is like relieving the pressure cooker. Do it! It's what friends are for. 

Hang in there sweet child. ❤️

I'm hanging in there. Well, not really but I'm trying. I think my head feels sorta like a pressure cooker currently. Like physically and mentally. Didn't end up getting a restful sleep and woke up at 4 AM today so that could also be the reason my head feels like there's massive amounts of pressure inside of it. Also I'm ruminating about things. I know it'll pass, but currently I'm gonna need a bit of time before I feel better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

woke up at 4 AM today so that could also be the reason my head feels like there's massive amounts of pressure inside of it.

If that feeling of pressure continues, you may need to see your doctor.  

6 minutes ago, Weezer said:

If that feeling of pressure continues, you may need to see your doctor.  

Oh no I'm fine now it was just stress. I think my lexapro kicked in tho so I'm doing better, at least 

On 3/4/2024 at 2:30 PM, Casualfanboy16 said:

It's been a while since I last posted anything, but I am needing to get this out of my head before it bothers me too much. I have noticed for quite a long time that I severely lack any sort of hope for a bright future ahead of me since it feels like the world at large is collapsing. Doesn't help that moments ago my Dad went on another rant about the state of the US and how it's collapsing. I understand that life isn't free from any tragedy or turmoil, but finding joy or any peace in a world, in a universe, that is so vast and infinite and complex with all its twists and turns is kinda difficult right now. I don't want to blind myself from the bad parts of the world and view life through rose-tinted glasses, but I also feel like I'm becoming deeply cynical and finding it hard to find any semblance of joy. I have also come to the realization that my tolerance for stress, especially towards the unpredictable nature of the universe and the various complex issues of the world, is not that great tbh. I'm not proud of it.

Not sure if this should've been in Rants and Replies, but I'm gonna go and drink some tea or something to cool down. Today has not been my day, but "this too shall pass" as people say. I just thought getting this out would be beneficial. I've been wrestling with thoughts for like a good while I think I just reached a little bit of a limit and I needed to get it out of my head so apologies to anyone that had to see that side of me again lol

You might want to realize that today.s times are generally better than yesterdays times in that the US is no longer entangled in any wars, and modern medicine is far better than it ever was. From here everyone has the ability to make their own hope and happiness. Being positive as much as possible is a great start IMO.

Cheers as always, your friend pantheory  🍻

• Like 3