Goodbye Jesus

ARE YOU QUESTIONING? WANTING A BETTER UNDERSTANDING?

Weezer

After 40 years of being an active christian, going to a Christian colege, and reading the Bible, and then 30 years of questioning and studying the history of Christianity, how we got the Bible, and then the history of religions in general, I thought I was well versed in the arguments pro and con for christianity.  But I am now reading the book LEAVING THE FOLD, by Marlene Winell.  This is a well organized read and the best one I have seen for understanding how Christianity (and other religions/cults) work.  How religion comes to have such a grip on so many people through psychological conditioning, and how to rationally sort through it all.  She makes points I have not heard before.  She very effectively uses quotes from people she has worked with over the years.  

If you are wrestling with beliefs in any religion, or want to learn how to debate with apologist, or explain things to people coming here, I recommend this book.  She is not trying to make people atheists or agnostics.  She is helping people sort through what they believe.   It is advertised on this site and available on Amazon and Kindle Books. 

• Like 4