Goodbye Jesus

Solar Eclipses & Christianity

Krowb

I intend to take my daughter to see the totality in April and apparently my mother's best friend found out and has sent me 4 different links regarding the amazingness of solar eclipses and god's hidden hand in them.  It also serves as a warning about America.  Eclipses are apparently prophecies to those who see the deeper truth hidden in the bible.

Anyone else have experience with this?  With each passing year my mom follows her friends deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Krowb said:

Anyone else have experience with this?  With each passing year my mom follows her friends deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole.

I avoid xtians like the plague, including my family. But I have no doubt the rabbit hole has done dug its way to China by now. 😉

• Super Moderator

My parents are visiting the Noah's Ark museum in Kentucky even as we speak, so there's that...

47 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

You mean like this pile of shit, Krowb?

Search Results - Christian Forums (biblocality.com)

🙄

Different, but definitely on par.  It's amazing that this is nothing more than astrology and numerology (both of which are "witchcraft") from a Christian perspective. 

Guess I'm just blinded by the world.  Will absolutely call her out for astrology and lack of free will if she tries to press.  God is so amazing, that at the start of the universe he set the rules in motion so that a crossroad in A random US location under an eclipse would match Strongs Concordance to a provision about Egypt midwives being ready to birth.  Praise Jesus this is the judgment of America.  So obvious right?

I'm clearly being flippant, but something this absurd would be like a rational conversation with a flat earther. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krowb said:

Different, but definitely on par.  It's amazing that this is nothing more than astrology and numerology (both of which are "witchcraft") from a Christian perspective. 

Guess I'm just blinded by the world.  Will absolutely call her out for astrology and lack of free will if she tries to press.  God is so amazing, that at the start of the universe he set the rules in motion so that a crossroad in A random US location under an eclipse would match Strongs Concordance to a provision about Egypt midwives being ready to birth.  Praise Jesus this is the judgment of America.  So obvious right?

I'm clearly being flippant, but something this absurd would be like a rational conversation with a flat earther. 

You might like to mention this to her, Krowb.

Matthew 24 : 36 - 44

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 

37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 

38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 

39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 

40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 

41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 

43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 

44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

If Jesus himself does not know when the great day is coming, how can she, expect to know from signs likes eclipses?

Thanks,

Walter.

Oh and don't forget to mention the 'success' of Harold Camping in predicting the end using Biblical numerology!

She did not press. Was just amazed with all the coincidences surrounding eclipses, but acknowledged more research into the claims was needed.