Goodbye Jesus

Fundy Baby Voice; an irritating tactic offensive to women

moxieflux66

I'm surprised no one else has posted about this in light of the prevalence of this sickly sweet, utterly fake affectation used by xtian fundie women, but here's a great article on it. I honestly heard this from my sister over 20 years ago and assumed she invented it. Maybe she's currently collecting royalties. 🙄

What Is 'Fundie Baby Voice'? | HuffPost Life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for posting that.  It is so true.  And not just for women.  I noticed as a teenager that my father used a different "voice" when he got into his christian mode.  He even prounounced some words differently.  But his wasn't a baby voice.  It was a chin tucked in, more masculine  sound.  

• Thanks 1

I watched a vid on YT about how the Dugar mom was part of the "stay sweet" movement in the cult, dressed in curls and bows and talked to her children using vaguely threatening words about obedience all in a baby voice. Creepy shit. Felt very Handmaid's Tale. Other YT vids show that congresswoman speaking normally and then contrasting with her baby voice reply to the state of the union, to show the influence of her brand of Christianity and what they plan for all of us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Fuego said:

congresswoman speaking normally and then contrasting with her baby voice reply to the state of the union, to show the influence of her brand of Christianity and what they plan for all of us. 

🤮

On 3/21/2024 at 7:23 PM, moxieflux66 said:

I'm surprised no one else has posted about this in light of the prevalence of this sickly sweet, utterly fake affectation used by xtian fundie women, but here's a great article on it. I honestly heard this from my sister over 20 years ago and assumed she invented it. Maybe she's currently collecting royalties. 🙄

What Is 'Fundie Baby Voice'? | HuffPost Life

It's news to me Moxie. I never heard of this effected voice problem before, even though I've probably heard such a voice many times and not realized it.

1 minute ago, pantheory said:

It's news to me Moxie. I never heard of this effected voice problem before, even though I've probably heard such a voice many times and not realized it.

I didn't know it was a 'thing' either until it recently made a stir in the media due to a female U.S. Senator's speech rebuttal to the SOTU address. Ex-christians have verified this as well.  

It is the first time I have seen anyone give it a name.