Goodbye Jesus

WORTHY CHRISTIAN FORUM BANNED ME FROM POSTING OR REPLYING

Weezer

This has been edited. After coming back and reading it again, I could see how I did a very poor job of portraying what went on.   To understand what led up to me gettting banned, you would need to read more of the previous postings on the thread.  If you are interested, got to WORTHY CHRISTIAN FORUMS, and "General Discussion".  The thread is, "Christian Nationalism" and my forum name is "Questioning".   Just surfing their forum is very interesting.

I have been a member of their forum for a couple of years, but had not participated in months.  I went there and started a thread a few days ago.  It was lively discussion and after 6 pages of posts, a "died in the wool" nationalist, "Truefollowerofchrist" joined the conversation and it got more interesting.  Eventually he (or she?) wrote, "I find it strange when people say Christians should not try to legislate morality.  WHY NOT?  The alternative is letting the godless legislate immorality".  When I answered that, I got banned.  But they left the thread posted.

There were 3 or 4(?) posts after my answer, before I was cut off.   One was a guy extremely worried about me, saying he didn't have room on the forum to tell me all I needed to know, to know the truth.  He recommended some guys books that would explain it.  A lot of the people on that forum are into the holy spirit.  VERY INTERESTING!  I did see 2 or 3 that agreed with part of what I posted.  Perhaps a seed was planted in someone's mind.  I do believe the discussion about christian nationalism may sink in with a few.  There were some there that agreed it was dangerous. If the thread is still open, some of you might want to play with it.  Or start one of your own.  

Perhaps I should have handled it differently, especially at the end, but I was getting impatient with the naive and delusional thinking, and it was getting depressing.  And they saw me as the naive and misguided party.  I had hoped to go back and address how we viewed each other similarly, and explain why they were Christian and not Hindu.  Also recommend they read Bart Ehrman.  Don't guess I will get that chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I noticed there's no sign you were banned on the thread itself. Looks like the 'true christian' got the final word. 🙄

6 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Thank you.  Maybe someday I will learn how to do a link.

• Haha 2

And if you doubt christian nationalism is a widespread problem, here is a link to an article from an active duty officer who can attest to it. 

A line from the essay clearly states that:

"Christian nationalism in our Defense Department is real and extremely widespread. It must be defeated!" 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/3/25/2231426/-Senior-Flag-Officer-Speaks-Out-Coward-or-Hero-The-Method-I-Used-For-MRFF-s-Help-Over-My-Career

Please support the work of MilitaryReligiousFreedomFoundation. 

26 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

I noticed there's no sign you were banned on the thread itself. Looks like the 'true christian' got the final word. 🙄

They told me earlier I would be sent to the "outer court"  if I kept talking about the Bible being inerrant.  But there is nothing about my being banned.  I am no longer able to post anything there.  I tried to PM a "moderator" (not what they call them) but I couldn't even do that.  I guess I am now considered a guest with no priveledges.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

He/She is such a hypocrite while looking through this person's posts. The individual claims to be "not part of any group as you seem to think and I desire everyone to live in the freedom that Jesus offers" and  accusing non-Christians in having "cultish ideals and you seem to demonize and think evil of all who don't believe as you do." Yet, the freedom he believes falls under a single, demented, antediluvian God, which he believes is superior over others by proclaiming, "GOD has the strongest moral code and it's his we should all be striving to live by." Such statement is such commonplace among the existing cults that proclaim that their sense of morality and lifestyle has the answer to all of life's problems. 😬

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Weezer said:

"Truefollowerofchrist" joined the conversation and it got more interesting.  Eventually he (or she?) wrote, "I find it strange when people say Christians should not try to legislate morality.  WHY NOT?  The alternative is letting the godless legislate immorality".  When I answered that, I got banned.  But they left the thread posted.

🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnonSan said:

He/She is such a hypocrite while looking through this person's posts. The individual claims to be "not part of any group as you seem to think and I desire everyone to live in the freedom that Jesus offers" and  accusing non-Christians in having "cultish ideals and you seem to demonize and think evil of all who don't believe as you do." Yet, the freedom he believes falls under a single, demented, antediluvian God, which he believes is superior over others by proclaiming, "GOD has the strongest moral code and it's his we should all be striving to live by." Such statement is such commonplace among the existing cults that proclaim that their sense of morality and lifestyle has the answer to all of life's problems. 😬

KInda vague, eh? 🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnonSan said:

I don't know if it is on my thread, but someone on their forum declared (the best I remember the wording) that we and the world belong to God and anything he decides to do with us is moral.  Another said gods genocide was justified because the people were evil.  They have been completely brainwashed.  Thank goodness your brain survived the "washing"!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Thank you.  Maybe someday I will learn how to do a link.

I'm not the greatest at explaining and I feel like it'd be beneficial to have images to help see better how to do it, so hopefully this Wikihow article helps!!

https://www.wikihow.com/Copy-and-Paste-a-Link#Windows-and-Mac

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Another said gods genocide was justified because the people were evil.  They have been completely brainwashed.  Thank goodness your brain survived the "washing"!

😟 oh wow... that's fucked up. Not at all suprising that they think that, but still that gives me the ick, man.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

I'm not the greatest at explaining and I feel like it'd be beneficial to have images to help see better how to do it, so hopefully this Wikihow article helps!!

https://www.wikihow.com/Copy-and-Paste-a-Link#Windows-and-Mac

I will give that a try.  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

I will give that a try.  Thanks!

You're welcome, man! 👉😎👉

11 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

😟 oh wow... that's fucked up. Not at all suprising that they think that, but still that gives me the ick, man.

13 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I don't know if it is on my thread, but someone on their forum declared (the best I remember the wording) that we and the world belong to God and anything he decides to do with us is moral.  Another said gods genocide was justified because the people were evil.  They have been completely brainwashed.  Thank goodness your brain survived the "washing"!

A lot of "TrUE XtIAns" I know of support the endless conflicts and genocide at the Gaza strip. They really believe that all that bloodshed and violence is all worth for one divine man's "second coming." Ridiculous that they think they have high moral ground when they prefer deaths of many innocent civilians over baseless prophecies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Weezer said:

This has been edited. After coming back and reading it again, I could see how I did a very poor job of portraying what went on.   To understand what led up to me gettting banned, you would need to read more of the previous postings on the thread.  If you are interested, got to WORTHY CHRISTIAN FORUMS, and "General Discussion".  The thread is, "Christian Nationalism" and my forum name is "Questioning".   Just surfing their forum is very interesting.

I have been a member of their forum for a couple of years, but had not participated in months.  I went there and started a thread a few days ago.  It was lively discussion and after 6 pages of posts, a "died in the wool" nationalist, "Truefollowerofchrist" joined the conversation and it got more interesting.  Eventually he (or she?) wrote, "I find it strange when people say Christians should not try to legislate morality.  WHY NOT?  The alternative is letting the godless legislate immorality".  When I answered that, I got banned.  But they left the thread posted.

There were 3 or 4(?) posts after my answer, before I was cut off.   One was a guy extremely worried about me, saying he didn't have room on the forum to tell me all I needed to know, to know the truth.  He recommended some guys books that would explain it.  A lot of the people on that forum are into the holy spirit.  VERY INTERESTING!  I did see 2 or 3 that agreed with part of what I posted.  Perhaps a seed was planted in someone's mind.  I do believe the discussion about christian nationalism may sink in with a few.  There were some there that agreed it was dangerous. If the thread is still open, some of you might want to play with it.  Or start one of your own.  

Perhaps I should have handled it differently, especially at the end, but I was getting impatient with the naive and delusional thinking, and it was getting depressing.  And they saw me as the naive and misguided party.  I had hoped to go back and address how we viewed each other similarly, and explain why they were Christian and not Hindu.  Also recommend they read Bart Ehrman.  Don't guess I will get that chance.

One reason why I'm here on this forum instead of a science forum is because I often have contrary opinions to some parts of mainstream science. One such forum where I was a regular for years ended up banning me because the mods really didn't know enough about mainstream science, and believed that I was making a false statement. Before being banned I got warnings about simply stating the facts supported by a number of scientific published papers, and the mods statements were easily disprovable. Never-the-less I was still banned.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pantheory said:

Never-the-less I was still banned

I see that in non-forum business places like Etsy also. They are explicit that this is their playground and their rules, and that they owe you nothing and can vaporize your business with no recourse. People who have been there for years and running successful shops get a bad review or two from anyone at all and *poof* their site goes bye-bye. Some places are more strict than others, and have no appeal because they don't want to deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is how I see it

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, pantheory said:

One reason why I'm here on this forum instead of a science forum is because I often have contrary opinions to some parts of mainstream science. One such forum where I was a regular for years ended up banning me because the mods really didn't know enough about mainstream science, and believed that I was making a false statement. Before being banned I got warnings about simply stating the facts supported by a number of scientific published papers, and the mods statements were easily disprovable. Never-the-less I was still banned.

Could you please provide links to the science forums which you were banned from, Pantheory.

That way we can see what happened for ourselves.

Thank you,

Walter.

I visited the Worthy Christians again this morning.  It is interesting that there is no explaination as to the status of the thread.  And there are no new postings.  The only difference is the title of the thread is no longer in bold print.  

I am curious how they determine the diference between a Christian, and a Worthy Christian??

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

Could you please provide links to the science forums which you were banned from, Pantheory.

That way we can see what happened for ourselves.

Thank you,

Walter.

No links. I was posting in a forum category called "Against the Mainstream." This was maybe 12 years ago.  I was asked by someone to calculate the redshift of a star in our galaxy. I explained that stars within galaxies are not related to redshifts excepting by relative motion -- that only galaxies can have redshifts related to the so-called expansion of the universe. And that even in our local group of galaxies, gravity overrides redshifts related to the so-called expansion of space.   A mod then stepped in and banned me by showing the Hubble formula that can calculate redshifts based upon distances from us.

I guess I should have been glad to leave such a science forum since the mods didn't seem to understand what I was even talking about.

4 hours ago, Weezer said:

I visited the Worthy Christians again this morning.  It is interesting that there is no explaination as to the status of the thread.  And there are no new postings.  The only difference is the title of the thread is no longer in bold print.  

This site should be named "CringeWorthy Christian" it's that creepy. The last time I visited it had that unnatural "happy xtian ending" vibe to the thread. Yes, no small wonder it's closed, officially or unofficially. Ew. 

4 hours ago, Weezer said:

I am curious how they determine the diference between a Christian, and a Worthy Christian??

I was hoping that I could find a video clip of Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian (trademark) to explain it to you but I haven't found it yet. I will post if/when I do. 😉

Thank you, Pantheory.

I gotta say, Weezer, it looks like you were pretty polite and respectful to me, and I feel your impatience and frustration. I also try to probe very gently in any commumity in which I am an outsider or in the non-Internet world, but it doesn't seem to take much to bring out the crazy.

• Like 1