Goodbye Jesus

Christian nationalism is the Handmaid's Tale: Artistic Dystopian Vision

moxieflux66

Back in October I began posting here about the Handmaid's Tale and asking if that is the type of world people, both xtian and non xtian would like to see. I got few serious responses. I seriously wanted them.

Now the issue of christian nationalism is front and center in our national debate with an historic election coming up fast. Since I posted this originally in the Lion's Den I believe the conversation, if any, should come right back here.

I have to take xtian's silence on the matter here as an affirmative as to their acceptance of that way of life, especially for women. In the story, women are not allowed to read, write, socialize beyond strict rules of conduct, allowed to own property, or allowed to break any strict rules. One woman loses an eye early in the show for being 'sassy'.

There are scenes of a sudden takeover of the Capitol, congress, and female subjugation that is sudden, violent and terrifying. It was fundamentally done in one day. Behind the scenes, as Weezer has pointed out several times, is the ruling wealthy, like the man behind the curtain pulling the strings with enormous wealth and influence.

We've already spoken about the finer details of Project 2025. This is a plan that is decades in the making but now openly advocated for. It will quite literally pave the way for the artist's vision (Margaret Atwood) of the same in the United States.

So connect the dots. I speak to women in particular here in the Lion's Den and I'm going to give a great big shout out to you ladies who have joined us here with your stories of pain, confusion and lingering anxiety over what you have already endured. Thank you for being here and let me ask you, with one of our civil rights already in the rear view mirror, how many more will we allow to be taken from us?

If you can't afford Hulu's series, often there are offers for free trials. I've gotten many whole binges on that alone from some of these sites (and did so for this series, in fact), cancelling it when finished. Otherwise there's free trials of Audiobooks available on Amazon, or the paperback ($10) and Kindle editions (free trials there too). At most a hardback copy is about $15.

If all else fails, ladies, (or gentlemen) and you can't afford it, let me know and I will get it for you!

I am rather consumed with a sense of urgency about this and the light needs to shine on it before we go out and speak with our votes. The overwhelming response to the Supreme Court's most egregious ruling in Roe v Wade was, when put to a vote in states, crystal clear. We do not want rights taken away from us.

Imagine what it would be like if our congress and senate were 50% male and 50% female....and I mean female in the most inclusive manner, encompassing those who are quickly being denied who they are by ridiculous laws that have no business doing so.

Register. Vote. Vote like your freedom depends on it. And vote in your best interest, no matter what someone tells you. Your heart (intuition), mind and soul will tell you it's right, so vote your conscience. Trust yourself.

• Thanks 2