Goodbye Jesus

Matt Powell hate speech

Wertbag

I was watching a Professor Plink video starring apologist Matt Powell.  Now I always found him to be a liar, but I hadn't seen straight hate speech from him before.  I'll post to the video if anyone wants to see the clip, but I'll also give the brief transcript to save you the hassle if you want to avoid losing brain cells listening to this guy:

A Bad Christian's Terrible Response To Atheism (youtube.com)

It's a 23 min video, but from the 40 second mark: "As far as homosexuality goes, I believe the bible puts the death penalty on it.  I believe it's disgusting. I believe it's the governments job to execute criminals and I believe the bible clearly states homosexuality is a criminal offence."

I sometimes forget just how sick Christianity can be, but idiots like this guy bring it back into stark clarity.  We've historically seen what Christian lead countries do to groups they deem wrong and how "we are all God's children, made in His image" is only selectively applied.  Many Christians want a theocracy, but guys like Matt make that a terrifying thought.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wertbag said:

It's a 23 min video, but from the 40 second mark: "As far as homosexuality goes, I believe the bible puts the death penalty on it.  I believe it's disgusting. I believe it's the governments job to execute criminals and I believe the bible clearly states homosexuality is a criminal offence."

The fact that people like him live amongst us is really fucking terrifying to me. At this point in my life, I don't care if you find it diSgUsTiNg or whatever, but to treat me as inhuman, criminal, and deserving of death/execution is inexcusable and abhorrent. I don't have much sympathy for people like that, which I don't like saying, but homophobia is fucking bullshit.

You need to watch the documentary GOD AND COUNTRY.  This thinking is getting BIGGER.  The movie is now on Amazon prime and can be rented for $4.99.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Weezer said:

You need to watch the documentary GOD AND COUNTRY.  This thinking is getting BIGGER.  The movie is now on Amazon prime and can be rented for $4.99.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it