Goodbye Jesus

SELF FULFILLING PROPHECY & MUNCHAUSEN SYNDROME by PROXY (ORIGINAL SIN)

Weezer

For years I have called the "Doctrine of Original Sin"  a self fulfilling prophecy, which is a prophecy that helps itself to become true, if it is believed! 

Reading the book  DIABOLICAL TRINITY by Mark Karris, which is about recognizing and resolving religious trauma, I ran across another way to look at the doctrine.  The doctrine is also similar to Munchausen by Proxy which you may have heard of.  It is demonstrated by a movie that came out in 2020 called RUN, HIDE, FIGHT.  It is when a person makes or keeps a person sick, so they need continual care.  It is typically done by a mother who has an abnormal need to be needed, and is regarded as a mental sickness, and a form of child abuse.  And the mother often comes across as being VERY concerned about her child.  That can even be a tip off to doctors that the mother (or father) can be perpetuating the illness.

And that is what the doctrine of original sin was designed to do!    Our "Father" set us up to be sick and inferior!  And his "holy ones", most having been decieved themselves, have kept it going for ages.  It is now a multi-billion dollar industry.  One of the biggest scams ever played on human beings.

I highly recommend the book if you want to better understand religious (and family) trauma.  Or trauma of any kind.  It is more complex than many realize.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Weezer said:

For years I have called the "Doctrine of Original Sin"  a self fulfilling prophecy, which is a prophecy that helps itself to become true, if it is believed! 

Reading the book  DIABOLICAL TRINITY by Mark Karris, which is about recognizing and resolving religious trauma, I ran across another way to look at the doctrine.  The doctrine is also similar to Munchausen by Proxy which you may have heard of.  It is demonstrated by a movie that came out in 2020 called RUN, HIDE, FIGHT.  It is when a person makes or keeps a person sick, so they need continual care.  It is typically done by a mother who has an abnormal need to be needed, and is regarded as a mental sickness, and a form of child abuse.  And the mother often comes across as being VERY concerned about her child.  That can even be a tip off to doctors that the mother (or father) can be perpetuating the illness.

And that is what the doctrine of original sin was designed to do!    Our "Father" set us up to be sick and inferior!  And his "holy ones", most having been decieved themselves, have kept it going for ages.  It is now a multi-billion dollar industry.  One of the biggest scams ever played on human beings.

I highly recommend the book if you want to better understand religious (and family) trauma.  Or trauma of any kind.  It is more complex than many realize.

Interesting idea and parallel reasoning Weez. Like you said,  our supposed "Father," via Abrahamic religions. set us up to think that we are somehow sick and inferior to some perfection standard -- original sin etc.

• Thanks 1