Goodbye Jesus

Running Headlong into the Thorn Tree

ABabyBoyAtHeart1977

I did not know what I was in for. I assumed that my friend finally came out of their shell when they invited me over for coffee this morning. So I went to their apartment, sat in a chair, and ship a cuppa coffee. They told me the story of their life. Yeah, that was fine. Then, they started telling me about what drove them to the apostolic church. After they finished, they started to deliver what I felt was a very pressuring speech of why I need to keep going to their church. To put it on, it feels if I had just run face first  Into a tree full of thorns along this trail in my life. I did not see that one coming. Before I left, I told them that I was going to continue my own way. However, they kept insisting. I am pretty sure I will get the cold shoulder. Definitely when I finally tell them not only know, but hell no. I tried to be nice, and now it is starting to feel more cultic. This pressure to go is what gets to me. It is one thing to talk to me about it, but it is another thing to push me into a corner, to make me feel like I have no way out. However, this time, I am standing tall, like a raging grizzly bear, and I will confront this thing head on. That thorn tree, which was right in the middle of my trail, caught me off guard, but I am not wincing on account of the pain. This time, I am going to topple that tree and keep going forward.

Just now, ABabyBoyAtHeart1977 said:

I did not know what I was in for. I assumed that my friend finally came out of their shell when they invited me over for coffee this morning. So I went to their apartment, sat in a chair, and ship a cuppa coffee. They told me the story of their life. Yeah, that was fine. Then, they started telling me about what drove them to the apostolic church. After they finished, they started to deliver what I felt was a very pressuring speech of why I need to keep going to their church. To put it on, it feels if I had just run face first  Into a tree full of thorns along this trail in my life. I did not see that one coming. Before I left, I told them that I was going to continue my own way. However, they kept insisting. I am pretty sure I will get the cold shoulder. Definitely when I finally tell them not only know, but hell no. I tried to be nice, and now it is starting to feel more cultic. This pressure to go is what gets to me. It is one thing to talk to me about it, but it is another thing to push me into a corner, to make me feel like I have no way out. However, this time, I am standing tall, like a raging grizzly bear, and I will confront this thing head on. That thorn tree, which was right in the middle of my trail, caught me off guard, but I am not wincing on account of the pain. This time, I am going to topple that tree and keep going forward.

This darn phone is something else. I meant sipped a cuppa coffee. Not ship a cup of coffee. Darn text dictate anyway!

1 minute ago, ABabyBoyAtHeart1977 said:

This darn phone is something else. I meant sipped a cuppa coffee. Not ship a cup of coffee. Darn text dictate anyway!

I found another mistake. My phone translated something that I didn’t say at all. I said to put it honestly, not to put it on. Please pardon my mess ups.

No problem.  I think most of us are able to figure out what you meant to say.  I don't use the text dictate here, but my phone screws things up when I use it to text a message.