Goodbye Jesus

2024 Self Check-In (Pt. 2)

AnonSan

Finally got some downtime to sit down and veg-out for a bit. Past few weeks have been quite hectic. 

Have been working on growing my tomatillos, tomatoes, and other edible plants in my yard at a greater scale than I am used to. Been overdue for a vacation due to my husband's masters program and currently enjoying his summer vacation. Sad to say that I could no longer continue my histotechnology career path because the only program in the area, at a community college, had to shut down indefinitely due to conflicting interests of eligible worksites willing to take on externships. Despite this, husband and I just came back from Honolulu a week ago, wishing that we could stay longer in a tropical paradise. 🌴🌺🍍

Not much going on with my family of origin since I have reduced contact with them. This has been beneficial as it has been ~6 months since they mentioned of such unsolicited advice related to getting me back to their Xtian lifestyle I have detested for years. Other than dealing with inflation + shrinkflation of grocery and restaurants prices respectively, my family is surprisingly doing quite well. 

• Like 2

Glad to hear you're doing well and are able to enjoy a summer break.  Did you get a chance to visit the other islands?  Hawaii is a magical place.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krowb said:

Glad to hear you're doing well and are able to enjoy a summer break.  Did you get a chance to visit the other islands?  Hawaii is a magical place.

My husband and I only stayed in Oahu. I wish we could visit other islands had there not been work obligations. Otherwise, I would have visited the Big Island's Mauna Loa and Kauai's colorful beaches! We made the best out of what we could do in Oahu. Manoa Falls Jungle Hike, Waimea Falls watering hole swim, and Diamond Head hike were heavenly. Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay with giant reef fish was paradise- the sun burn on my back was well worth it! ☀️🌈🌴🐟🌺

True Hawaiian poke and BBQ is SO GOOD. Seafood is incredibly fresh and some foods/flavors can only be found extensively in the Hawaiian islands. Also, Dole pineapple 🤤

We did not go to Pearl Harbor due to the tickets being too expensive for our budget- we have been there with our family of origins when we were younger anyways. The Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC) was the same situation, but after learning of the LDS owning the PCC and the town of Laie, while sugar-coating Hawaiian history, it became a hard pass for me. 😬

• Like 1

I'm glad you got to get away too! It was clearly a well earned vacation and glad you had fun! 😊

• 1 month later...

We stayed on the big island last year and there is so much to see! Volcano National Park and green sand beaches to name a few. If I hit the lottery, to Hawaii I go!