Goodbye Jesus

Ex-christian.net On Wikipedia?

Guest JP

Hey, I had an idea just now. How about we create a page on Wikipedia about ExC? What do you guys think?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
Hey, I had an idea just now. How about we create a page on Wikipedia about ExC? What do you guys think?
Sounds okay to me. You just need someone who can write it out well. :shrug:

I would be willing to help. I is a gud riter. :HaHa:

Seriously, I would love to help write a page for Ex-C! Glory!

Cool idea! Except that some fundy will probably try to edit it.

I could write it....maybe....

Eh...

Problem is that it may be perceived as just another vanity article. Shameless plug. It will probably be deleted.

Now, listing this site as an external link to related topics such as Apostacy, yes, I can see it. In fact, I put that link to ExC in the Apostacy article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostacy

Article about ExC? No.

Link to ExC? Yes.

Eh...

Problem is that it may be perceived as just another vanity article. Shameless plug. It will probably be deleted.

Now, listing this site as an external link to related topics such as Apostacy, yes, I can see it. In fact, I put that link to ExC in the Apostacy article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostacy

Article about ExC? No.

Link to ExC? Yes.

Normally, spelling errors don't bother me, but man... something about apostacy really irks me! It's like fingers on a chalkboard for the eyes. No offense, Khan...it has nothing to do with you, I have no idea what is wrong with me!

Anyway, so is ytmnd a site like that? A shameless plug/vanity article? Or is it more of a phenomenon than I had realized and I am just pop-internet culture ignorant?

I say that we take a chance with the knowledge that it may get deleted. Okay, so far, myself and Brother Jeff are willing to help write it. Anybody else?

Normally, spelling errors don't bother me, but man... something about apostacy really irks me! It's like fingers on a chalkboard for the eyes. No offense, Khan...it has nothing to do with you, I have no idea what is wrong with me!

:Doh:

You know, my Konqeror Web Browser spell check didn't catch apostacy. Apostasy doesn't get marked either. Maybe it is one of those words that has two correct spellings?

Anyway, so is ytmnd a site like that? A shameless plug/vanity article? Or is it more of a phenomenon than I had realized and I am just pop-internet culture ignorant?

Eh, I think ytmnd is up there because it is a pop culture phenomenon, as with All Your Base Are Belong To Us. Ex-Christian.net probably does not have such a distinction.

Edit: Holy Shit... That's two posts in a row that I f#cked up the quote feature.

I don't want to write it, but I think you guys should post your entry here for feedback before you post it. :)

I think there should be a section dedicated entirely to me.

all you have to do is start a new entry, and write a sentance. it will take off from there.

I originally started the Jesus Myth entry with just a couple sentences. It has gone through many changes and revisions, and haven't posted any change in half a year. Right now it says the neutrality is questioned, but that will probably change by tomorrow. It is ever changing.

Okay, I've started it. Go on Wikipedia and search for "Ex-Christian.Net." It will pop up. I only wrote one sentence. Feel free to expand!

Sorry to burst your bubble, JP, but your article is already proposed for deletion.

Guest Emerson

That'd be really cool. I think that you need to start with the history JP. What's the webmaster's name? I think you need to type in his first and last name, and why he started it and then talk about how its a support website for exchristians as well as a place for exchristians to debate with christians. I hope it doesn't get deleted, it'd be really cool to have a place for us there. I'll contribute and help to research it. :)

i looked it up and got this:

It is proposed that this article be deleted, because of the following concern:

nonnotable website: alexa rank 660,000

If you can address this concern by improving, copyediting, sourcing, renaming or merging the page, please edit this page and do so. You may remove this message if you improve the article, or if you otherwise object to deletion of the article for any reason. To avoid confusion, it helps to explain why you object to the deletion, either in the edit summary or on the talk page.

The article may be deleted if this message remains in place for five days (This template was added: {{subst:CURRENTDAY}} {{subst:CURRENTMONTHNAME}} {{subst:CURRENTYEAR}}).

If you created the article, please don't take offense. Instead, consider improving the article so that it is acceptable according to the deletion policy.

[[Category:Proposed deletion as of {{subst:CURRENTDAY}} {{subst:CURRENTMONTHNAME}} {{subst:CURRENTYEAR}}]]

Ex-Christian.Net is a web community of "Ex-Christians," who were once believers in Christianity and have left for various reasons.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-Christian.Net"

Category: All articles proposed for deletion

Could've just done "Ex-Christian" and listed Ex-Christian.net as a link.

Sorry to burst your bubble, JP, but your article is already proposed for deletion.

Damn you, KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

I originally started the Jesus Myth entry with just a couple sentences. It has gone through many changes and revisions, and haven't posted any change in half a year. Right now it says the neutrality is questioned, but that will probably change by tomorrow. It is ever changing.

Excellent! (Is "historicity" a real word?) :grin: You've made an important entry indeed!

Just add an addendum to the apostate article for ex-Christians and list ex-C as a resource. It's less likely to get deleted then.

Or add it under an online support groups article.

Also, how about submitting the site to search engines under the religion section?

I really have no idea how Wikipedia works. I'm gonna need some help keeping our little page alive.

Guest Emerson

JP just go to wikipedia.org okay then click on the English version, then type in ex-christian.net and click search and then click on edit this page. Then type in what you want, click preview or submit, and edit it again if you want. Go for it!