Goodbye Jesus

Top Ten

Guest Thegoodbook

Guest Thegoodbook
10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

10) Other gods didnt walk out of tomb after being dead 3 days. Other gods didnt raise Lazarus from the dead and cause such a stir among the pharisees that they put THE God on a broken tree and death could not hold him

9)Dont have a problem coming from dust when you have a creator to do the creating

8) One God ...three sepearate personalities...I dont question a God who can create the universe and yet loves me enough to pay my sin debt at the cross.

7)A Holy god judges sin. You havent read what the nations around Joshua did? Passing their own children thruough fire torched alive to worship their false deities. God punished sin my friend. You can still smell the sulphur in the rock where Sodom was located. I know Ive smelt it. Nothing grows there after 4000 years.

6) The Lord is without sin. The birth was without contact.

5)Scientific fact has ranged from 1 million to 20 billion years. Yeah....looks like the scientists really have it narrowed down. Bible gives you the direct decendants from the Lord back to Adam and gives there length of lives and age when the heir was born! Written record pinning to 4004 BC vs atheistic scientists cant get it to within 10 billion years AND YOU TRUST YOUR ETERNITY to this foolishness.

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning.

Who taught the ocean you can only come so far

Who showed the moon where to hide until evening

whose words alone can cause a shooting star

All of creation testifies.......

I know my redeemer lives

The very same God who spins things in orbit and runs to the weary and broken.

Nicole Mullins-songwriter

It takes a builder to create even a simple grass hut and nothing created the entire Universe???

You foolish people. Time is runnig out. Each day is one day closer to eternity and you babble about fruitflies and mutations looking for something to validate your hopeless argument.

You foolish people. Time is runnig out. Each day is one day closer to eternity and you babble about fruitflies and mutations looking for something to validate your hopeless argument.

So right, time HAS run out for Jesus - he is already two thousand years late, so that's why we have looked for other explanations than the myths of Christianity. Thebadbook is full of lies, so we reject it. Got it?

:Doh:

Why the hell is this even in Science vs Relgion?

Your apologetics are not worth even my minimal effort to punch holes so wide in them you could drive a bus through them. None of it will matter to you. You already reject entire mountain ranges of legitimate evidence because you read books of ancient mythology and trust them as telling of real history and natural science. Wake up. It is you who is being incredibly foolish.

God is also so amazing that he doesn't need a 4 through 1 apparently. God does in 6, what atheists do in 10. Praise Jesus.

God is also so amazing that he doesn't need a 4 through 1 apparently. God does in 6, what atheists do in 10. Praise Jesus.

Or maybe your brain just ran out of space for the first four.

Already? We hadn't even begun to toy with him yet! Damn!

Hmmm, there is some people out there who'd agree with you.

Dude, your points have been made hundreds of times and logically obliterated an equal number of times. If you want to defend your religion then at least come up with something original ! I say this for your sake. Pretending that a dead horse isnt dead only annoys people and wont generate a nice response.

I guess the dying and rising gods like Dionysus here who also happened to turn water into wine a few centuries before Jesus did it, were fake even though Jesus copied them, huh?

If anyone happens to find out whether or not this dude is a spoofer or the Real Thing™, let me know, would'ya? :shrug:

That way I'll know if I should laugh or cry due to that post. :mellow:

Thor's gonna hit you. Hard.

BTW, thanks for that top ten list. That's good stuff :)

10) Other gods didnt walk out of tomb after being dead 3 days. Other gods didnt raise Lazarus from the dead and cause such a stir among the pharisees that they put THE God on a broken tree and death could not hold him

Neither did yours.

9)Dont have a problem coming from dust when you have a creator to do the creating

Irrelevant.

8) One God ...three sepearate personalities...I dont question a God who can create the universe and yet loves me enough to pay my sin debt at the cross.

Yet you question people with multiple personalities.

7)A Holy god judges sin. You havent read what the nations around Joshua did? Passing their own children thruough fire torched alive to worship their false deities. God punished sin my friend. You can still smell the sulphur in the rock where Sodom was located. I know Ive smelt it. Nothing grows there after 4000 years.

Which is how you justify it.

So? It's still a demigod.

5)Scientific fact has ranged from 1 million to 20 billion years. Yeah....looks like the scientists really have it narrowed down. Bible gives you the direct decendants from the Lord back to Adam and gives there length of lives and age when the heir was born! Written record pinning to 4004 BC vs atheistic scientists cant get it to within 10 billion years AND YOU TRUST YOUR ETERNITY to this foolishness.

What are you talking about?

And you babble about your beliefs which have nothing to do with reality.

name='Thegoodbook' post='170700' date='May 5 2006, 05:48 PM'

how do you know jesus walked out of a tomb? lazurus raised from the dead how do you know the bible is true?

and i guess you think eve came from a rib too? and think snakes talk? the bibles a bunch of tales from opium users lol

anybody who kills their son to pay someones debt needs questioning and put in jail. since your god dont exist we cant do that lol

well if the lazy ass god of your would show up and tell people who to follow they would do it. he just makes humans hoping they will follow something that wont even prove its existance. by the way your god is worse than hitler.

6) The Lord is without sin. The birth was without contact

mary was a whore who slept with a roman soldier named pandera and mary told joseph it from god so she wouldnt be stoned for adultry. also virgin births are immpossible.

you trust bible foolishness the earth could not have been made in six days

the ocean and sun can't be taught silly.

the moon dont hide damn dont you know enything it stays still the earth spins causing it too look that way.

creation dont give a damn about christianity

I know my redeemer lives

so gods a basketball player spinning the world on his finger right lol

do you know how stupid you sound?

Claim without evidence.

Where did dust come from? Where did universe come from? And where the heck did you God come from?

Three gods = polytheism. He didn't pay. He payed, took it back and left. Dine and dash. So if you're right, you're still in debt.

Never happened. Where is Sodom? Besides a volcano could have done the destruction.

:HaHa: Suuuuuure... It was more an excuse to cover up the facts that Mary had little premarital sex.

:Wendywhatever: But the dating methods comes in handy when you want to date the manuscripts of the Bible, don't they?

Newsflash for you. The sun, ocean nor the moon have brains! Can't be "taught".

whose words alone can cause a shooting star

How can he speak without air? You say there's air in space to transfer the sound of his "words"?

I know my redeemer lives

The very same God who spins things in orbit and runs to the weary and broken.

It takes a builder to create even a simple grass hut and nothing created the entire Universe???

Don't need anything to validate my lack of faith. I lost it before I even considered evolution or cosmology. Science is secondary to my deconversion. So what's your point?

The universe is a closed system, nothing external can create it. Even if we acknowledged your proverbial builder, then who built the builder, etc.? It's not rational...infinite regression occurs without acknowledging the self-permanence of the universe. If you hold up two mirrors facing each other, you can see as many mirrors as you want, but you are ultimately only holding two mirrors. Same idea here.

Jesus said something like that...what...two thousand years ago? so knock it off, that stuff freaks people out for no reason, lol. :phew:

You foolish people.

Matthew 5:22

Ooh, a miracle pissing contest, eh? Too bad that all this can ever do is show which legend is the most impressive. :lmao:

7)A Holy god judges sin.

And the very existence of that sin would show that gawd was an idiot. If da lawd had done its thing right there wouldn't be any sin to begin with.

Of course you're free to admit now that you're kissing the arse of a loser. :pureevil:

Yes I am without sin.

See? I can make bold statements too. Now give us a reason to believe in the dogma you babble. :loser:

5)Scientific fact has ranged from 1 million to 20 billion years.

It's called improvement and correcting known errors. Something that hasn't been done to da wholly babble since right from the start... explaining why it's such a pile of stinking shit.

I see you admit the superiority of science. Very good.

Why, Odin Allfather of course.

Prove me wrong.

All of creation testifies...

...to the big bang, abiogenesis, and evolution. Glad to see you agree. Now all you have to do is burn your babble. Or maybe you'll want to use its pages as toilet paper for a while.

It takes a builder to have a universe and nothing created the builder? :lmao:

I'm sooooo scared... I've neeeeeeeeever heard this bullshit before...

...now if only you had provided that one thing you don't have... called evidence... :fdevil:

You foolish people.

Matthew 5:22

:lmao::funny::lmao: