Goodbye Jesus

Proof Of Faith

HoustonHorn

I've had it explained to me that if God / Jesus did something to prove their existance then faith would no longer exist and that would cause a problem with salvation, etc. (It made more sense when it was explained to me :grin: )

Assuming that's true, why wouldn't Satan put himself on the nightly news and make sure everybody knows he exists? Proof of Satan would imply pretty convincingly that God exists, which would in turn ruin faith causing an end to salvation.

Somewhere in one of Paul's books is this gem;

"Faith is belief in things unseen" (or something like that).

OK fine, if you have faith that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, then it must exist, no?? Blech, what a load of horseshit!!

Hebrews 11:1 Now magical thinking is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of shit not seen.

It is my understanding that most scholars agree that Paul didn't write the book of Hebrews.

Apperantly Xian free will is only valid free will if you dont know what your doing at the same time as when you are doing it.

Yep, just another brainwashing mechanism.

Assuming that's true, why wouldn't Satan put himself on the nightly news and make sure everybody knows he exists? Proof of Satan would imply pretty convincingly that God exists, which would in turn ruin faith causing an end to salvation.
Which is exactly why God won't let him do it. :nono:

:mellow:

Isn't Satan considered the ruler of this world? So he should have the first say in that question, and God had no problem doing some horse trading during Jobs time. :shrug:

It's a good point Houston, if "knowing" is the end of "believing", then Satan could show himself and make everyone know that God exists, and belief would fly out the window.

Which is exactly why God won't let him do it. :nono:

:mellow:

That is why Satan should do it. What kind of evil leader is he? Times a wasteing. If you're going to have a war of rebellion why wait for the day set by the Laird? Surprize is half the fight. Come on Satan! You call yourself a Devil? Shoot I can be more evil than you with one hand tied behind my back. What? Are you sceerd of God? Just a flunky carring out God's evil plan I guess. Yes si' mr. god si'.

Crap you can't even get a decent devil these days.

I've had it explained to me that if God / Jesus did something to prove their existance then faith would no longer exist and that would cause a problem with salvation, etc. (It made more sense when it was explained to me :grin: )

Here's a thought: If faith is the very heart of "salvation", then this confirms that it is all about a mental attitude, and not about anything outside us. It's all about having a positive attitude through "hope" to give you the energy to move in positive directions in your life. In other words, the Christian belief is simply a system to elicit these sorts of responses in humans using mythologies and stories of promise. This is why other religions are equally valid in this sense. If you saw God existed, then what are you "hoping" for? The system prescribes "faith", not a temporal reality. We already have that. The real problem is them trying to tell us it is reality by "proving" the Bible, and whatnot! Sort of defeats what they're all about, doesn't it?