Goodbye Jesus

Just Be Happy

Dianka

Dr. Martin Seligman, a positive psychologist, created an equation for enduring happiness:

H (happiness) = S (your genetic level of positive affectivity) + C (current life circumstances) + V (voluntary factors such as willingness to forgive, attitudes of past experiences, and optimism about the future)

*can't punch in numbers for this one*

Also, Dr. Seligman claims that in order to lift ourselves from depression, we have to balance our negative experiences with positive ones. Accidentally slammed your finger in the door? Have a glass of wine (or mead for Thuriaz ;) ). Cut off on the road? Blow a dart in the offenders tire, and then have another glass of wine. Or, if you are so inclined, have a massage (although the price for the massage may send some back into depression (if that's the case, stick to the blow darts)).

Interested in determining your level of happiness accoring to the good doctor?

Visit AuthenticHappiness.com

Have a hardcore day

:vent: People that tell me to just smile, make me unhappy. :vent:

:vent: People that tell me to just smile, make me unhappy. :vent:

Ditto Chef! I'm right with you there!

"They" love to do it when I'm deep in thought too (and thus not smiling....like someone thinks I'm "supposed" to). So they say "Smile!" which distracts me from my thoughts, quite needlessly, and so successfully ticks me off. If I'm really pissed, I offer up a really good "are-we-alone-?-I-really-want-a-few-moments-alone-with-you-just-a-few-moments" smile.

What is it with the notion that I'm not perfectly content, unless a huge shit-eating grin is plastered across my face?

Now there's a good Bumper Sticker:

"I'm Happy! Now Piss Off!

i rarely smile and when i walk i look at the ground for some reason people think im angry. atleast i think thats why.

What is it with the notion that I'm not perfectly content, unless a huge shit-eating grin is plastered across my face?
You get that too, eh? :banghead: