Goodbye Jesus

Theology Of Racism

Open_Minded

I'm doing a bit of research and I've a few quick requests:

1. I'm looking for legitimate quotations of racists, using the Bible and religion to defend their position.
  2. Also any history around the theology of racism would be welcome.
  3. Information on the Klu Klux Klan and its theology is also welcome.

Thanks in advance. :grin:

I'm not a bible quoter, but one can look at Paul's writings to see where he condones slavery...

That is just one particular instance. I need to research this more myself.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Also, if you can find it with bit torrent or some P2P software, Blood in the Face is a fascinating documentary about the "white power movement" in the US. The title of the film refers to their belief that Adam's real name in hebrew was Aw'dom, or some such crap, meaning "blood in the face". They extrapolate that to mean that the white man is the only one who can blush? Why? Because the white race is the only race with a human soul and thus a conscience that can feel shame.

I'm in the middle of finals and such, so I can't find it for you at the moment...but I did a paper on the ethics behind Uncle Tom's Cabin, and if you start there you can find a bunch of stuff. There are tons of old sermons out there refuting the personhood of blacks, many directly addressing the book.

Thanks everyone. I'll follow through on your leads. If anyone else has any other information, I'd really appreciate it.

Martin Luther wrote a book in 1543 called "On the Jews and Their Lies". Amazon sells it, you can read excerpts here:

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/luther-jews.html

Also, read into Hitler and the Nazis. Although xtians like to use Hitler as proof of Atheisim gone amuck, he used xtian language in many of his speeches, praised Martin Luther for his reform of Germany, and article 24 of the Nazi manifesto claims that the Nazi party "stands for positive Christianity".

Hope some of this helps you.