Goodbye Jesus

Religion Is Irrelevant

garrisonjj

Just attended sons first communion. I received the third time without confession and with mortal sins on my soul! It gets easier. I walk out and continue to have my disbelief! I placed the occasional church attendance as a necessary evil! In your opinion, am I a hypocrite? Does it matter?

If there is a god,,,i place myself for who i am in his hands,,,,as a result,,,my life has been much better,,,although with occasional pangs of guilt.(48 years of catholicism just doesn't go away) I don't pray,or worship, i just appreciate life for what it is. Opinions? Also can you recommend other sites that discount christianity? Thanks, gary

Just attended sons first communion. I received the third time without confession and with mortal sins on my soul! It gets easier. I walk out and continue to have my disbelief! I placed the occasional church attendance as a necessary evil! In your opinion, am I a hypocrite? Does it matter?

If there is a god,,,i place myself for who i am in his hands,,,,as a result,,,my life has been much better,,,although with occasional pangs of guilt.(48 years of catholicism just doesn't go away) I don't pray,or worship, i just appreciate life for what it is. Opinions? Also can you recommend other sites that discount christianity? Thanks, gary

http://www.candleinthedark.com/logic.html

This is good for pointing out logical fallacies, if you think an argument is wrong.

http://www.christianforums.com/f9-discussion-debate.html

This place is great for discounting christianity.

www.christianforums.net

Another awesome place.

Guest Emerson

Well everyone's a hypocrite in one way or another. Not just the religious. I quit going to any church related activities simply because the thought of going there made me sick. I think its fine to have your own sets of beliefs so that only you can understand them. Not everyone has to "get" you and your beliefs, as long as you're okay with them, its no one else's business.

There's really nothing hypocritical about participating in ritual so long as you know what you're doing and why. I've never been Catholic but on occasion I've enjoyed going to midnight mass on Xmas. It's a fun exercise in bad theater and the gowns are fabulous. I also generally participate in reciting the mass at funerals. I consider it a sign of respect for the departed and of solidarity with the other mourners, not a profession of belief.