Goodbye Jesus

Can God Be Seen ?

Guest testjet

Guest testjet

So the question - Can God be seen ? The answer

No - God cannot be seen in his full glory or in His full essence .

Yes - God can be seen in His way of manifestation (in the form of appearance), by means of appearing in the form of man,angel,in vision etc,thus, doesnt reveal the full glory and the full essence of God.

So lets check the verses given .

NO

QUOTE:

Exodus 33:20

Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me and live.

No one can see the full glory and essence of God.

QUOTE:

John 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time.

And indeed, no one has seen God in his full glory and essence

QUOTE:

John 6:46

Not that any man hath seen the Father.

Ditto. No one has seen the father.

Check these verses :

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth... No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

John 1:14, 18

No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

John 6:46

QUOTE:

1 Timothy 6:16

Whom no man hath seen nor can see.

In referring to God the Father, thus , no man has seen God the father

QUOTE:

1 John 4:12

No man hath seen God at any time.

Ditto

YES

QUOTE:

Genesis 32:30

So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

Check the story - God appeared to Jacob in a form of angel

QUOTE:

Exodus 33:11

And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.

Check the story again, God appeared to Moses in a form of pillar of cloud.

"Face to Face" is translated "mouth to mouth" in the King James version. This would seem to be more correct as the Hebrew here is "peh", which means a) mouth (of man) B) mouth (as organ of speech)

Check verse :

Numbers 12:8

But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles, he sees the form of the Lord."

Note that , God says Moses saw him " In The Form Of the Lord" and not "he sees Lord".

If Moses had seen God, he wouldnt ask God to reveal his "glory" - God's real "face". Check verse

Exodus 33:18

18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."

But what did God say " -

But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

QUOTE:

Isaiah 6:1

1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.

He saw God in a form of vision

QUOTE:

Job 42:5

My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.

God didnt appear to Job, If you read the story Job. God was talking to Job out of the storm.

check Verse :

Job 38:1

1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

Thus, when Job say, ".. but now my eyes have seen you" , Job "saw" that God's basic character is raw energy and power, and that is what God admires.

Can God Be Seen ?
No. And neither can unicorns. Goodbye.

Meet my best friend. His name is Bob. You can't see Bob because he doesn't want to be seen by anyone but me, and he only talks to me. But if you want to talk to Bob, I can help you and tell you everything he says to me in reply to you, unless it's a secret. But please, please don't make Bob angry. He's really really powerful and terrible when people make him angry.

Who cares?

QUOTE:

Exodus 33:11

And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.

Check the story again, God appeared to Moses in a form of pillar of cloud.

"Face to Face" is translated "mouth to mouth" in the King James version. This would seem to be more correct as the Hebrew here is "peh", which means a) mouth (of man) B) mouth (as organ of speech)

So you are telling me that the Jews do not know how to translate their own bible

Exodus 33:11(Jewish Publication Society)

And the Lord spoke unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he would return into the camp; but his minister Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the Tent.

You are trying to lay your own personal theology on this verse, while making it say something else

18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."

Yeah but he is not asking him to reveal show his face.

But what did God say " -

But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Once again we can see how christian mistranlated the verse so that they harmonise Jesus saying. Here is the translation made by the Jews

Exodus 33:18(JPS)

And He said: 'Thou canst not see My face, for man shall not see Me and live.'

Note the difference between the two translations

Yes - God can be seen in His way of manifestation (in the form of appearance), by means of appearing in the form of man,angel,in vision etc,thus, doesnt reveal the full glory and the full essence of God.

What’s your point?

Can God be seen? Well, if there was a God I can agree, we wouldn't be able to see him. But if there is no God, can we see him then? The answer is still no.

God exist	 Can be seen
Yes			  No
No			   No

So the observation can't be used to prove or disprove God.

Can the Bible be used to prove God? Only if you believe in it.

Since I don't believe in fairy tales written by some delusional fanatics 2000 years ago, I can't give the Bible and credence to support the idea of a God.

Can any of the millions of gods and goddesses, that man has imagined to be real, be seen? Nope. Why? Because they're all imaginary! That includes the many deities in your religion. The best you could do is imagine you see them.

Guest The_Prophet_ZEKE

God can be seen if you do drugs

yea i feel the holy spirit ever time i smoke weed

when i do crack jesus comes and fills my ever need

wanna smoke some herb testjest remeber in genesis its says of ever herb you shall eat

Here you go again. Answering your own questions. Essentially talking to yourself seeing as not a one of us asked you anything. And you certainly can't be interested in our input on the question....seeing as you answered it to your own satisfaction already.

So....the purpose of your posts seems to be you like to "hear" (see in this case) yourself talk.

Hope you are having fun.

It looks pretty damn silly to me. :shrug:

i dont get the purpose of the post...

from the recent posts, is testjet a serious account? or is it really you "ZEKE" aka.... hahaha.

testjet seems like a hit and runner. hits the board with bullshit then runs. he hasn't replied to a single post on this topic.

I like the post testjet made - it shows some of the contradictions the allegedly infallible Holah Babble™ is riddled with.

Testjet, thanks for proving just how unreliable the Scripchahs are :)

testjet seems like a hit and runner. hits the board with bullshit then runs. he hasn't replied to a single post on this topic.

Of course he hasn't. I blocked him for a day.

ok

How about placing his account on restriction so that the only posts he can make are replies?

God can be seen if you do drugs

yea i feel the holy spirit ever time i smoke weed

when i do crack jesus comes and fills my ever need

wanna smoke some herb testjest remeber in genesis its says of ever herb you shall eat

lol... Sounds like an entry for Guaranted Hell! to me. :)